Thread: Wonderful site!
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
fauxgypsy

Wonderful site!

I was dianosed in February with stage 4 with mets to the liver. This is the most positive site I have found. To read the posts from the women who have overcome so much lifts my soul. The information that I have found here has really been helpful. When my oncologist first talked to me he told me that I was a young woman ( I am 51) and that this was was probably what would I would die of someday but it wouldn't be now. The posts that I have read here have helped make someday a long time from now for me.
I am taking Taxol, Hercertin and carboplaten, and understand much more about the treatment now. I felt like I was wandering on a vast internet desert with lots of negative information. I am really getting tired of being told what a bad prognosis I have. I keep reminding people that statistics are always behind by several years. I think that the newer drugs like Herceptin are making a huge difference but it will be a while before the statistics catch up.
Having a Master's in Biology (although I use it very little these days) I am very glad to see the links to the more technical information as well. "Knowledge is power" and at the very least helps me feel that I still have some control in my life.
Speaking as good Southern girl, "y'all are great"!

Leslie
fauxgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote