View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
jessica

Capsular contracture, anyone?

Hi All~
I feel so very fortunate to find myself preoccupied with this rather light topic...just wondering, anyone else out there with capsular contractures?
I'm only 4 weeks post-op L SkinSparing Mastec, w/submuscular, silicone implant reconstruction. The R side was simply augmented w/a subglandular silicone implant & looks & feels so amazingly real-sometimes I wonder if they didn't just replace my 38 year old breast with the one I had when I was 14!!
I know the reconstructed L side will always look & feel different than the augmented R side, but the L side is still sitting pretty high & feels more much more firm than the R.
I'm doing the massaging, taking vitamin E, lying on my belly & putting some weight on my chest to keep the capsules stretched out, etc.
Is it pre-mature for me to be worried about capsular contracture? Will the L side continued to drop & soften? How long til your reconstructed breast "mellowed out" & didn't look & feel so new?
Would love to know what you guys might have experienced?
Thanks so much, guys. Hope Spring has sprung where you are...it's beautiful here in Atlanta~
jessica is offline   Reply With Quote