View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 08:37 PM   #30
cafe1084

Just had my 5th taxol/herceptin Friday and no problems ...til today. BP has been high since my first AC tx back in November, running about 140/90 compared to my norm 130/80. I got up this morning with the most horrible headache and neck pain(lingering headache for 2 days or so). Didn't realize til late afternoon that my neck veins felt as if they could pop, then the nausea and blurred vision hit. Long story short, my mom checked my BP and it was 170/110! Not only did I have a headache to kill a cow, I was in sheer panic over those numbers. I've had no real side effects with these tx's, BUT my taxol and herceptin were ran concurrently instead of separately as they had in the first 4 previous tx's. This time, heartburn like my tummy was on fire, some nausea, and this headache! I wouldn't think this would matter so much, may not be wise for the sake of determining the culprit if I were to have a reaction, but shouldn't cause such a great change in how I feel after tx, unless this is just from meds building up in my system. Anyone had this or know why or if the meds ran together would cause an immediate change? For now, have a good supply of diuretics and some Mrs. Dash no salt substitute !

Steph C
cafe1084 is offline   Reply With Quote