View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 11:10 AM   #17
Petesmom

Smile Treatment Options

Melinda,

I too was HER2+++, Er/Pr+, stage 1 , Grade 2, no nodal involvement and I did not have chemo or Herceptin. This was a recurrence (local) and my onc was pretty adament that I not have chemo. He said that the benefit from the chemo and Herceptin was outweighed by the side effects given the parameters of my tumor. I was 52 at the time and opted to have my ovaries removed to put me into menopause so that I could take Arimidex. Now you will find other ladies who had very similar situations to mine who did do chemo and had Herceptin. For those of us who have tumors that are in the "gray area" meaning that they are 1 cent. or less, node neg, no vascular invasion, hormone + , the treatment options are more tricky. This is where some of the tests that predict recurrence may be of value (I did not have an Oncotype DX done). The other consideration is what do you feel you need to do based on the information you have? I felt comfortable with my treatment decisions but you have to do what is right for you. Best of luck to you and the information you get on this board is excellent as well as being a great source of support.

Petesmom
Petesmom is offline   Reply With Quote