View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 05:24 PM   #11
cafe1084

Also stage I, no mets, negative nodes, but IDC (with DCIS and LCIS) her2+, er+, pr- was enough for me to make my decision to have bilat mastectomy and chemo with herceptin. I don't know the size of your tumor, but my onc strongly recommended chemo for anything >1cm, but would give for invasive at any size. I have read on here the different treatment options some of the members have taken. I didn't have radiation because I had the mastectomy, so it wasn't warranted. I will also have to start tamoxifen after the chemo ends because I was BARELY er+, but he said + is + no matter what the percentage. Some decide against chemo and mastectomy because they're comfortable with that decision. Whatever options he/she may give you, take your time and feel really comfortable and in control of the decision you have made. The worst part about making that decision is wondering if it's going be the decision that will save your life.

The best thing about oncologists is they won't make the decision for you...then again, the worst thing about oncologists is they won't make the decision for you Good luck and Ill be thinking about you!

Stephanie
cafe1084 is offline   Reply With Quote