View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 09:03 AM   #27
Heart Sutra

Hi Brenda,

I hope you are feeling well today. As everyone else here has said you can get through this (even when you think you can't) I will have my third A/C treatment on Tues. and I'm already getting nervous.

From what I understand chemo side- effects are different for everyone. I have most side- effects for 3 days starting on the 3rd day after treatment. The 3rd day these are pretty bad, but you get through it. By day 6 I feel myself again. Like many others here have said, one good week and one bad. It is very important to take your anti-nausea meds. They will help. The nausea will make you feel like you have a sleeping sickness. Drink lots of water and try to eat, that helps as well.

Ask lots of questions. The onc at times doesn't offer all the info. I think they repeat it so many times they forget who they tell what. So, you need to be the best in following up on your treatment and ask. Write everything down. There is so much info at times we forget or get it mixed up, the notes will let you go back and look at it later. Is your husband good at researching, if so have him do the research. My partner is the "best" at this. He is also the "best" at hugs and kisses and comforting, you need that as well. Also, when you feel really bad take as much help as you can from whoever offers. You will need this.

Cancer is hard, it's the hardest thing I've ever been through. Hang in and take one day at a time.

Sue

Dx'd 10/06 IDC grade III/III
Er- pr- HER2 3+
MRM right breast 12/5/06
nodes negative
same day reconstruction started
(implants)
Stage II (2.2 cm tumor)
fairly extensive DCIS
Ct and Bone scans clean
Port placement 12/26/06
AC (4 cycles DD)to begin 1/2/07
Taxol/Taxotere (4 cycles DD)
Herceptin for one year

"There is no distinction between the one who gives, the one who receives, and the gift itself."- Hahn
Heart Sutra is offline   Reply With Quote