View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 07:58 PM   #1
kristen

my sis just got dx. Help!

I haven't posted in quite some time, I have been doing very well, just passed my 3 year anniversary, yipee!
It is with sad news that I tell you my sister 53 just got dx in December with BC. Stage 2, 3mm sentinal lymphnode and all else clean. Double mast and is in recovery right now. She met with her onc today and since I can't keep anything clear in my mind like all you lovely ladies, I thought I would start a post for her and see if you could help her out with all the new stuff going on. Love you guys....
First off she is er+/her2+ and borderline pr. She had blood clots last year and are saying that tamoxifen will not be an option for her, so my question is will they probably put her on an AI and how effective is this with out Tamox?
Shouldn't her tumor be tested for TOPO II? I haven't gone completely insane but wasn't this a factor in how well you responded to certain treatments?
I can't remember if your TOPO if u should get the A/C or Carbo/Taxotere? What she told me today is that he is thinking about 2 different kinds one for 4 tx and another for 4...is this something new? He is also looking into some studies, any you know of and could list would be appreciated. By the way we live in 2 different cities if your wondering.....
I am sure that her doc will run Muga tests and I remember the effects of Herceptin, who could forget that? I had the Car/Tax/treatment with 1 year Herceptin. So any help to get her started or to ask her onc would be greatly appreciated. She may post and ask her own questions later, but thought we could start here.
It's such a long journey and so complicated, but without the help of all of you, I don't think I would be here today. Your support and dedication is unparallel to any other site and I know that you will all take good care of her. Thanks to you all.
ps, anyone know of any other sisters who were both her2 and I don't carry the gene? Wierd.....
MRM: 11/07/03
TX: TCH-BRICG Study-6 tx's; 12/15/03
Herceptin; til 12/14/04
Rads: 30 days
BRCA neg
S-Gap: 12/15/04
Oct 05: LAVH
NED
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote