View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 09:37 PM   #9
Sherryg683

My Oncologist was very positive with me, I had 2 small lung mets. I asked him the first day I saw him if he could get me to NED. He said of course he could. I think now he may have been telling me what I wanted to hear because there was no way of knowing for sure how I would react to chemo. At my 6 week PET/CT scan, it was pretty much gone . I remained on chemo for 4 months (taxotere, xeloda and herceptin). When he told me I was officially NED, I was so excited and he chuckled and said something to the sort of "every now and then I do what I say I'm going to do"..lol..I think that they really don't know how we are going to react to a certain chem, we are all different. If the treatment you are on is not working, do not hesitate to ask for something else. Your Oncologist should be open to discussing this with you, if not..find one that will. You have been stable on this combination though and I would hesitate to change that. I have been NED for 9 months now and am still just as nervous about my future as when I started, I think that just goes with having cancer.. So being NED doesn't make the worries go away, believe me. And YES, I would definately want a PET/CT, that's the only way they can really tell what's going on. I have one done every 3 months. Also as I was reading Jessicas post it made me think of why they don't just go in and remove more of liver tumors, since the liver reginerates so easily. That would seem to be logical to me??? Can anyone tell me why they don't..sherryg683
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote