View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 05:11 PM   #2
AlaskaAngel

You and I both have the same evaluation and recommendation this time around.

Although it is taking longer than I would like to get it to happen, a copy of the actual written mammogram report is being mailed to me and I hope to get more of an idea what kinds of things they saw and what kinds of things they didn't see.

Your doctor is supposed to get the actual written report so that if he or she has any concerns, he/she can go to the radiation department and look at the mammogram personally and talk it over with the rads doc.

I too am not very enthused about a 6-month wait for me, since my last lump grew 0.5 cm in less than 6 months. I will wait to read the actual report, however.

But I am stage 1 and DID have rads, and you are stage III (?) I think and didn't have rads, so if I were in your situation I would be much more inclined to push for more analysis.

What happens here is that unless for some very unusual reason the rads doc happened to know by chance that your cancer was HER2, most of the time they only are aware that you had prior breast cancer. And I feel that HER2 bc does grow faster than the average bc. So... IMHO 6 months' wait probably isn't a good match for any of us -- Stage I or II or III or IV.

There are a lot of things about being HER2 positive that I hope get more attention with general breast care providers, and this is one of them. Your doctor and mine I think should be considering that we are HER2 positives when they look at the actual report, but I won't and don't hesitate to bring it up myself in case it has slipped their mind, or in case they need some one-on-one reinforcement about how fast it can grow. In my case I tend to think 3 months might be the longest I would be willing to wait... depending on what I read in the actual full report.

AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote