View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 12:00 PM   #6
Carol H

Smile You have given me Hope

Thank you so much for your reply - it gave me such a lift as the last two days have been a nightmare and to hear your story just made me realise that this latest obstacle for me is worth fighting and maybe in Ireland I will have better treatment options but am so worrie about the wait - my MRI is next Tuesday(5th) then the next\ day I am in gettig my Herceptin/Pammidronate then the next day I go to Ireland with my husband and children = I am not scheduled to meet with my consultant Professor John Crown, St Vincents, Dublin until monday 18th Dec as he is in the states the week before so am worried that if this is left for another 3 weeks untreated it will spread and be untreatable but I know once I start treatment hopefully I will respond as well as you have.

Tricia whom I met via this site has been an absolute godsend and angel - this website brought us together and if it wasn't for her encouragement and vital information on treatment in Ireland I don't think we would have moved and my two children are so very exvcited about going to live near their cousins and aunts and uncles and don't seem to be at all phased by starting at their new school(however they will be sharing classes with their cousins which helps).

I will be shutting down my internet account here in scotland tomorrow and my sister in law in ireland has access to the internet but not on broadband so will not be accessing this site as much as I usually do so any help or advice would be most gratefully appreciated before I go and hopefully I can update all of you members as mjuch as I can on how I am settling in ireland and how my treatment is going but I will be in constant contact with Tricia who will post threads on my treatemnt for me.

I stumbled across this website a few months ago by sheer accident - I typed in HER2 and just pressed enter and the rest is history - without this website I truly and utterly don't know how I would have coped in the last year - thank you all so much and Christine and other founder members you are life savers.

Take care all of you and hope to be back online soon.Have a wonderfull Xmas and New Year with all of your families.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote