View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 03:52 PM   #15
rinaina

I went for my routine yearly mammo and was called a few days later to come back for "further views". This was not the first time I was called back. Two years before I was called back and all was fine. Went for "further views" and within minutes the technician announced that the radiologist would like an ultra-sound done. What seemed like hours, (but actually was about 15 minutes), I waited and finally the tech came out and said the radiologist would like to speak to you. Uh oh is all I could think of. He said I will need a core biopsy but I should see a surgeon first. He showed me my films and I could see what no one wants to see. A mass. So 2 weeks later I saw my surgeon and the next day had a core biopsy and the next day found out I had breast cancer. The following week I had a procedure done for the sentinel node biopsy which wasn't fun. They placed a wire and a metal tube in my breast. The next morning I had another film taken and proceded then to the outpatient surgi center at the hospital and had a lumpectomy. Went home the same day. Surgeon called a few days later to say I had Interductal carcinoma and he wanted to see me in a week. Now at 10 days post surgery I found out about the her2+ and was told I would need chemo. Quite a journey for us all.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote