View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 09:33 AM   #1
Carol H

Help its spread to my Brain

I am moving to the Republic of Ireland(live in scotland at present) as Tykerb is now available in Ireland and my husband is originally from there and I want my two young children to be settled over there with family, school etc before I start to deteriorate and we have sold the house etc and move next thursday(7th December) - however 0 yesterday got the rsults of my CR scan and it appears there is a spread to my lower left side of the brain - I posted a thread a few weeks ago about dizzieness and feeling unbalanced - this explains it all and am not driving anymore as my spacial awareness is terrible now - I am getting an MRI on Tuesday next week to get a clearer picture and the neurosurgeon will determine if surgery is an option and if not - Radiotherapy has been recommened with steroids also - I will be getting treatment in Ireland and it will be interesting to see what their opinion on it compared to my scottish consultant - can anyone give me advice on how to deal with this as I am scared but not letting on to my husband as he thinks I am coping very well but I am terrified of dying before I get the kids settled in their new school and get my new house sorted as I am staying with family in Ireland until our new house is ready to live in.

I was diagnosed 6 yrs ago had a radical mastectomy, 6 months chemo, radiotherapy, ovaries removed then cancer returned in 2003 and had more chemo, then cancer spread to my bones and now for last 3 years get Herceptin every week but just changed to 3 weekly and also 3 weekly infusions of Pammidronate.

Any advice or thoughts on how to treat this so I can be fully armed when I meet the consultant in Ireland would be of great help.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote