View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 08:43 PM   #9
Sandy H

Tom, this is indeed incredible news! I am sure you want to scream for joy and yet you don't dare not knowing what is around the corner. I ask the same question with myself what is doing the trick here. We may never know! It is probably a little of everything. It is a great reward for you as you have worked very hard for your Mom and for her fighting this battle. Even though she has not done chemo, its still been a battle for her. May I asked why no conventional treatment? Was there a reason she couldn't do it, didn't want to which is a choice she has a right to. Herceptin certainly, has been a life saver for many and yet for many it isn't. For me I think it may have slowed my disease and perhaps, even kept it it localized but it did not clean it up. My oncologist is expecting the Tykerb to clean it up!!! If your Mom ever needs the Tykerb don't despair it is an easy drug to tolerate not at all like chemo. Certainly, worth keeping it as an option down the road. Now, that I have been off the Herceptin for two months I realize how much better I feel!!! Have lost nearly 15 pounds and so don't feel like I weigh 500 pounds. My feet and hands were not swellen so didn't see the need for meds to get rid of fluid. It was all at the waist!! Enough said, I am so excited for you and your Mom. Sending you both a big hug and enjoy that eclair!! Sandy
5 rads-skin mets
Herceptin, taxol, carboplatin (taxol seem to be the magic drug)
Navelbine & xeloda (did not work)
topical miltex for skin mets
Tykerb/xeloda
thoracentesis x 2 left lung fluid shows cancer cells
Port removal (4 years) with power port replacement
Doxil
Updated 05-07 Scans show no bone or organ involvement we shall see!

I shall not pass this way again. Any good I can do or any kindness that I can show let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote