View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 09:52 PM   #5
Bev

I believe Becky is moderating a chat room this Sun on when to change your Doc. Might be relevant. On one hand cancer manages to survive but then on the other, there are many women who survive. The fight's not over. I wish we had all caught this disease 10 years later. I guess it's better than 10 years ago.

IVW, I guess we all wait for the other shoe to drop. We do survive longer than the other cancers. Maybe you could try an antidepressant. I started because my heart would race during routine or not so routine scans ( panic attacks I guess ) I didn't actually feel depressed. If someone had even suggested this 2 years ago, I would have been offended. Me crazy? Be it placebo effect or for real, I'm coping better. Maybe our body chemistry is just off. Don't mean to sound like a pharmaceutical rep.

I feel for you. Cancer sucks. Chin up, there is no reason why you can't be one of the folks who beat this. I think you are doing great in your approach. The mental effects are so much more than the physical. We are with you. Best wishes, BB.
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote