View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #3
mekasan

I did look into the possibility of this being a side effect

I had discussed with my doctor and research "ear thumping" as a possible side effect of Herceptin. My doctor ruled it out. With concern stemming from the heart toxicity related to Hercpetin and pounding in the ear suggesting blood pressure related symptomology, he order those heart tests -With everything coming up within normal limits, thus ruling out herceptin as the cause.

The thumping is really bizarre. My own research has resulted in repeated remarks that ear thumping could be a sign of a tumor or maybe muscle spasms. I can handle muscle spasm, but I can live without the tumor.

I guess what I am really asking is whether this ear thumping can be related to brain mets?

My guts tells me that it is most likely caused by exhaustion leading to muscle spasms inside my ear. I had been out of work and school since my first mast and now, over a year late, I am back full - speed ahead. Law school is demanding, I also work part-time. I have been training to run short road races to stay fit, healthy, and sane. Every three weeks I fly back and forth from Fl to NJ so I can continue treatment with my incredible doctors. It adds up and I am very tired.

Thank you for your response. I am glad that someone read this. I did look at that link.. but again nothing related to thumping.
4 cm DCIS
0 nodes
ER-/PR-
Her2+ (5.33 FISH)
AC (4 cycles)
Bi-lat mastectomy w/ lat flap recon + cohesive gel implants
1 year (every 3 weeks) Herceptin
mekasan is offline   Reply With Quote