View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 07:57 AM   #1
mekasan

"Thumping" in Ear? Can it be serious? Does A/C cross into the brain?

Can this a sign of something serious, like a lesion or tumor?

Although this is ear related, it is not the same as tinnitus (ringing) so I wanted to start a new thread.

Has anyone else sensed an intermittent painless "thumping" in the ear. I have been experiencing this on and off for almost 2 months now. Mostly on my right side at different levels of intensity and duration. It comes and goes for no explicable reasons (i keep track of caffine, exerices, foods.) I do feel it may occur more frequently when I feel exhausted and low on sleep. [I am a law student and spend at least four night per week staying up too late studying.]

I had my blood pressure checked (normal), EKG's (normal) and another MUGA (normal). Now I have an appointment with an ENT on 11/10

I am finished with Herceptin 12/6 and I am concerned about finding that cancer has set up camp in my head. (I was dx stage 1, (w/2 small IDC + 4cm of DCIS), I had two masts, neg nodes, and A/C chemo (not T). I am hoping that my docs got everything. I know herceptin does not cross into the brain, but I thought A/C did.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Shannon
4 cm DCIS
0 nodes
ER-/PR-
Her2+ (5.33 FISH)
AC (4 cycles)
Bi-lat mastectomy w/ lat flap recon + cohesive gel implants
1 year (every 3 weeks) Herceptin
mekasan is offline   Reply With Quote