View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 06:14 PM   #1
Carol H

Dizzieness & Lightheadieness

I have been receiving weekly infusions of Herceptin for over 3 yrs now - diagnosed 6 yrs ago (radical mastectomy, 6 mths chemo, 20 wks Radio)- recurred 3 yrs ago(lots more chemo) - spread to right breast and bones and now classed as terminally ill but still going strong with 2 young kids under age of 10 - anyway - for the last 5 days I have been experiencing very overwhelming Dizzieness whenever I stand, walk, drive or do anything other than sit down.

I am due my 6 monthly MUGA scan this Monday and have not yet mentioned it to the chemo staff but will on Wednesday when I am due my weekly herceptin - the dizzieness is getting worse - was waling round the supermarket today and couldn;t focus and when pushing the trolley kept feeling like I was going to pass out and when I was in the school yard every day this week I had to sit down while I was waiting on the kids - not like me at all - I am always on the go and very active but do rest when I need to which is a hell of alot lately.

Has any of you who have been on Herceptin some time experienced these symptons before - really worried its my heart.

I have been under alot of stress lately as planning to move to Ireland asap with my husband and kids as Tykerb is available there and not in Scotland and there is more family support over in Ireland and a lovely lady(Tricia) whom I met on this site has helped me so much and made it possible for this move but hav been under alot of pressure what with all the planning and selling my houses etc -basically I want my kids settled in Ireland with school etc before I start to deteriorate and if I do then Tykerb would be available which would be an added bonus.

Anyway - any thoughts or advice on the dizzieness would be very much appreciated until I see my consultant.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote