View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 03:06 PM   #18
janet/FL

I finished my last dose of every three week Herceptin in mid July so I am now about 3 months off of it as next dose would have been first week in August. I only had it with Taxotere. I did not have A/C as recommended. I was diagnosed stage one in December of 2004 lumpectomy, node negative, ER/PR negative, Her2+++. Had radiation and did not start Herceptin until a few months later and the doctors would agree to it.
I have noticed improvements. Normal bowel movements being one. Beginning to fall asleep a little better, a little more energy and just feeling a little more normal. My mind seems to be functioning a little better. Short term memory better.
I would suspect that I would be doing better still if I hadn't had trouble with having my port removed--1.5 weeks feeling yucky from the Morphine. A strenuous, vacation, (strenuous for me many others would not consider it bad. Long plane ride and no sleep didn't help) And now I have had rather major dental surgery and have to recover from that. That will take a while for me as I sure do react to about everything.
My hair and eyebrows/lashes have returned. They seem to like my not being on Herceptin. I started gaining weight right after I finished the Taxotere/steriods and stopped gaining when I stopped Herceptin. I wish I could say it was easy to lose these 10 pounds and hope to report that at my next three month check in!
If anyone has any questions please ask and I will plan on checking in in 3 more months.
Janet
janet/FL is offline   Reply With Quote