View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 04:48 AM   #112
Kimberly Lewis

Smile herceptin reactions waning even on regular dosing

I love that we are posting these effects. It is such a comfort to know that I am not a hypochondriac (hopefully!) I am er/pr+ Her2 weakly positive, stage 3a, 7 nodes. diagnosed 5/05.
My side effects and if they lasted were;

1. Bloody, crusty noses. Almost completely gone now after 11 months on H.
2. Lack of mental clarity, forgetfulness. Worse than ever! I have a 70something friend and we compete for how many times during a conversation we forget what we are saying!
3. Rib pain, now gone..
4. achey feet and legs in early morning, late evening still...
5. rediculously peely soft nails still!
6. Tendancy to infections - difficulty shaking them even with high doses of antibiotics! Just had LAVH and my navel got infected from incision, 6 weeks out still yucky. Got a yeast infection that also is still there!!!
Anyone with that effect and possible help for immune system please write...
7. Most bothersome - breathing problems. When I was first infused the premeds made me very sleepy, every time I fell asleep the oxygen sensor beeped like crazy and they kept telling me to breathe. Same thing when I had all my surgeries.. like when I fell asleep I didn't breathe properly. I sense it when I am difting off now because I hear my blood roaring in my ears - I take a few deep breaths and it stops. Even during the day now I feel my heart start struggling and I take a few deep breaths and it stops. Now how is that for weird?
8. Herceptin emotional addiction! Once my Oncologist told me my year was up I went into a tailspin emotionally. Felt I was just not prepared to face life without my security blanket. Really funny thing was that Genetec gave out blankets w/Herceptin printed on them. I guess I will have to wrap up in that and get through this! No more tears now - I am facing a move and lots to do!

Last edited by Kimberly Lewis; 12-10-2006 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: forgot to add
Kimberly Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote