View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 04:05 AM   #7
Mary Jo

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for the wonderful post. It truly has been a blessing "meeting" your sister Leslie and I thank you for the connection.

Yes, I do get scared as well. (smile) - I don't think I'd be human if I didn't. BUT as you said, the faith and confidence we have in our Lord's plans for our lives is what gets me through day by day. A few of the versus from the Bible have truly inspired and kept me through this journey. Here are a few:

"for I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"all the days ordained for me were written in your book before even one came to pass" Psalm 139:16

"for we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him and were called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

They all bring me comfort and gently remind me that God is in control. He knows. Nothing comes to us that hasn't passed through Him first. He knows why and we have to trust in that.

Sometimes though, days can be hard. That's typical for all of us - no matter if there is cancer or not - but this cancer can be a nightmare in itself at times.

So thank you Lisa - your encouragement and love means much!

Your sister in Christ Jesus,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06