View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 02:50 AM   #6
Leslie's sister

Marejo- You are an awesome, uplifting person. I can not thank you enough for the support and compassion that you have offered my sister Leslie. She speaks of you often and feels a definite bond with you. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. You were and continue to be the answer to my prayers for Leslie. Because you have been such a rock for her, it is hard to imagine that you are scared as well. Of course you are. This dreaded disease is awful. I hate it. I still struggle with fear over what lies ahead. But I focus on all the positives now rather than the negatives which drag me down. You caught it early, you were proactive in your decisions regarding surgery and treatment. Herceptin is a miracle drug that wasn't available all that long ago. This support group is incredible. I used to spend countless hours searching the internet looking for information on this awful disease. Now I feel confident that if there is something new out there, this group is going to know about it. I still search the internet but not with the same urgency that I might miss something, something that would help my sister. This group is already all over it. It is easier, I think, to feel like you are doing something during the treatment process- chemo, herceptin, radiation and though we look forward to the end, when it comes it is like ok now what? Sit around and wait for it to come back? No way. I believe that each one of my sister's chemo treatments is killing whatever fragment cells might have been left behind after surgery. I believe that herceptin is the back up and any stragglers don't have a chance. Marejo, you are in my prayers as well. Let our Lord and His amazing love uplift you. "He knows the plans He has for you, plans of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope" Your sister in Christ, Lisa (Leslie's sister)
5 cm. Her2Neu+++, ER-, PR-
1 positive node out of six,
double mastectomy 6/9/06;
TCH started 7/12/06
last chemo 10/25/06
herceptin ended 6-11-07
Leslie's sister is offline   Reply With Quote