View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 02:41 PM   #4
sabpri

I am in the same boat..

I don't know if this helps, but I am in the exact same boat as you, and behind you by one week (diagnosed August 2005 and finished chemo December 5th). I will also be off herceptin mid-October and have been a total emotional basket case in the last month. I have had another terrible day today, trouble concentrating at work, freaking out about how I will deal with a recurrance if it should occur. Some days the anxiety just gets me in such a tizzy I can't think straight.

I thought I was doing so well and had a great summer that I decided to enjoy, and now I am hitting a wall. I don't know if it is because I am coming off Herceptin, or it is the fall season and it is reminding me of horrible state I was in last year and how I just don't know if I could ever go through that again and then the fear starts all over again. As a matter of fact, I picked up the phone and called a therapist on my insurance plan that deals with health issues and anxiety. I think I might need some kind of counseling before I get deeper in to this hole. I know I am not a big help, but wanted to tell you that you are not alone in your worries and I am at the same point in time post diagnosis as you are. Maybe it is the season!

Natalie
sabpri is offline   Reply With Quote