View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 07:11 AM   #3
rinaina

Marejo, you are so right when you say we all go through this from time to time and I think that during certain key times we definitely experience all that you are feeling now. I just had my second herceptin and already worry about whether it will make a big enough difference and then what happens when I am done with the herceptin tx. Some on here continue on herceptin for longer than a year which I don't know too much about...like why some do and some don't...perhaps if there is a history of mets they stay on longer. I also worry about whether or not I will be able to remain on herceptin because I have had swollen ankles and an elevation in blood pressure since starting it, and if I have to stop it, then what? So much to have on our minds it's no wonder we worry from time to time. My onc doesn't believe in doing scans either unless there are symptoms and I never even had a scan of any type prior to tx. This concerns me and so does the fact that I have never had any gene testing either. I read about all these tests that can determine all sorts of things. As you said, I guess we have to have faith and live our lives as normal as possible and keep as busy as possible. There is something to be said about reading too much. I have always wanted to be as educated as possible on this subject but sometimes it does get a bit too scary. Keep in mind that most active members of this forum are those who are still dealing with mets or reoccurences. Most her2 patients who are NED aren't active on the forum because they are okay and don't need the support. I hope you find a way to relax a bit and have positive faith that you have done all you can to fight this disease.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote