View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 12:32 PM   #18
rinaina

I am so happy to hear I am not alone in feeling apprehensive. When my chemo ended on July 21, 2006, I too was a bit insecure and worried. I am now undergoing radiation treatments five days a week for 6 weeks and a booster dose the 7th week to the tumor site. I am also getting Herceptin drips every 3 weeks and I am hoping my body can tolerate these ts. In the past, I have always had low blood pressure, (110/70), but the last two hercepting tx when they took my pressure it was quite elevated, (156/90). I also have experienced since starting herceptin some swollen ankles a few times, the first time was after flying for 4 hours and while out of town the onc perscribed a diuretic which worked like a charm. My Muga is good....64%. Has anyone else every experienced elevated pressure and swollen ankles while on Herceptin? If I have to go off of herceptin I will be a basketcase because I was er/pr negative so I have no other means of fighting this horrible disease. My tumor was 1.4 cm and I had negative nodes and I was stage 1 but I know all too well how unpredictable this her2 cancer is. Yikes!
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote