View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 08:07 PM   #8
sadie

I am soooo glad I came into this thread! I, too, have been so emotional lately.
With every little ache or pain (or none!), I feel like it's only a matter of time that I will be told "It's back". Most of the time I'm fine; then it seems like for several days at a time, that's all I think about.
I blamed it on my 1 yr anniv coming up on Oct 3rd; I blamed it on it being time for my annual physical with the same dr that told me about the bc; I blamed it on Arimidex making me emotional; I blamed it on finishing chemo; Now, to top it off, my dr (at my annual exam) told me I had blood in my urine. Went for catscan today. I am a nervous wreck wondering if I now have bladder cancer!
She put me on antibiotics in case it's a bladder infection. I don't know if it's psychological or not, but since my exam I am having slight pain/discomfort in my pelvic region (where the bladder is?).
To top it off.......I watched "The Linda McCartney Story" over the weekend. Big mistake! I spent that whole day crying!
Anyway, it's comforting to know that I am not the only one feeling like I'm "waiting" for bad news. I don't believe I am depressed, but having these feelings makes me wonder if I am headed that way.
I have 2 questions: 1) I've considered seeing a psychologist for counseling, but can they really help you if they haven't experienced the same thing we have?
2) Is this how it's going to be for the rest of my life? Each and every day/hour wondering "when?".
I am sorry that anyone of you has to be a part of this site, but I'm so glad that there are others that I can look to for support.
Thank you,
Sadie
Sentinel node neg
Her2+++
ER+ / PR weakly+
sadie is offline   Reply With Quote