View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 04:57 AM   #1
dawn

Frightened again

Hi,

Im finished my chemo for about a month now. I've been to see my oncs. Everything is looking good. I go on Wednesday to set up for my rads. I'll have to get 25. Wednesday I also begin talking tamoxifen and after rads I begin Herceptin. But this week has been so hard. My 5 year old son has started school and I just cant help wondering what the future holds and how much of it I will be involved in. I've been trying to shake it for a couple of days but I just cant get rid of that feeling. Is this normal, will it pass?
The other thing thats happening, my fingers and lower arms are numb in the morning with pins and needles. It takes awhile for them to wake up and return to normal. I keep thinking there's something wrong, maybe I should just go and get it checked. IF I cough, I think here we go, is there any suggestions on how to get rid of these thoughts and try to have some kind of normalacy or is that asking for too much. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

Dawn

Mar 2006Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu 3+++, Er & Pr positive, 8 of 18 pos 03/14/06: Mastectomy 04/19/06 started Chemo adriamycin, chlophosphamide, taxotere 25 rads
Nov 1, 06: 3 years Tamoxifen, Herceptin (1yr)
Jan 2009 Femara mets to bone aromasin and aredia
June2009: Full Histerectomy
2/22/2010 6 spots in liver 2 mm-10 mm: switched to xeloda and Herceptin will continue with Aredia J
Scan February 2011 new onc, switch to abraxane
April 2011 NED clear organs, 3 spots on bone scar tissue.
Scans August 2mm spot on liver and lungs. now on to tykerb/xeloda
Dec 2011 scans nothing on lungs, liver down to 1 2 mm spot. j
une 2012 another spot on liver on to cisplatin/gemzar.

dawn is offline   Reply With Quote