View Single Post
Old 09-03-2006, 08:34 PM   #14
lu ann

Dear Callen,

I was terrified when I was diagnosed with the recurrance Feb, 2004. I thought for sure that I would be dead in 6 months. But through my faith in God, the support of friends and family, this support group, and the right meds, I have lived 2 years past my own prognosis. It wasn't easy, but it is doable.

We all are given today to live and we are alone responsible for how we live it. I have accepted the fact that I will die someday, but it might not be from cancer. I really don't dwell on it. When I was first diagnosed it was all I thought about.

I have been on some kind of treatment for all but 14 months of the past 31 months, my hair fell out, I was sick and nauceous at times, and my body ached. But, I still can say that I have a pretty decent quality of life.

Do everything that you possibly can to educate yourself about this disease so you can be pro-active.

I have taken breaks from this site when I needed to. Sometimes it gets to hard to hear others heartache, but I soon return.

Take care and don't be afraid to lean on us for support. We may not know all the answers right away, but there are those among us that have the time and knowhow to do the research, and I'm very greatfull for them. We are here for you.

Love and God Bless You, from Lu Ann.
lu ann is offline   Reply With Quote