View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 01:20 PM   #13
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
'95 WARRIOR, '98 SURVIVOR, 2006 NED & grateful

To all you fabulous ladies who are facing this daunting challenge, I stand with you! Herceptin saved my life. I have been on it since '98 (ev wk) - '01, ev 3 wks (triple the dosage since '01). No Evidence of Disease. STABLE. Music to my ears. Low on energy but full of positivity. Tmrrw I will be 62 and just greeted my 5th grandchild. Your kids need you forever, so I try to reach deep down for strength and courage, to be a good role model for them facing any adversity. We are so very much stronger than we ever imagined, when push comes to shove. I do have perky days that just happen. But I cherish each day as the gift that it is. 4th stage (w/9cm tumor), mastectomy, 2 out of 18 nodes, from the getgo. YOU ARE NOT A STATISTIC. Some have prevailed w/such odds. If they can do it, so can YOU! I program my thoughts, knowing my body takes orders from them. WHAT YOU THINK ALL DAY BECOMES YOUR FATE. So when the fears and what ifs creep in, I acknowledge them and try to move right through them as fast as I can. NO! I tell myself -- you are healthy. You are loved. You have much to live for. I see myself far into the future. I live each day full of LOVE, remaining open to receiving it from every nook and cranny. The Universe is an infinite energy field full of loving energy. Tap into it. Connect with it. Open your heart. I agree with everything you lovely ladies have written wholeheartedly, so won't repeat your sentiments on this site. I WILL repeat them to my spirit, as I consciously make the effort to do with each day! I believe with all my heart that I WILL SURVIVE. Every thought is like a prayer. And every prayer is a potential miracle. YOU are a potential miracle. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

With much love,
ANDI
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote