View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 07:31 AM   #14
sfernando

Hi Sandy and all,

Sandy, at least the paperwork has been set in motion and you have a date to look forward to. I hope there are no delays, and I hope it works miracles on you.

I've been trying to get lapatinib, now known as Tykerb, for over a year, a few months before anyone at the hospital knew what I was talking about.

Last month, a scientist came to the hospital with guidelines for compassionate use, of which I qualify. I asked if I could get it and was told they would check. This month I was told that the tumor board decided not to apply because it would come in too late for me, that I would be dead before it could get here in Hawaii, (Trippler Army Medical Center) due to all the paperwork.

I've been on continual high dose chemo since May 05 for lymph system tumors and have about run out of options, being that I'm hormone negative and haven't responded to herceptin since month three. My last ct scan shows multiple small tumors now in my lungs, and I feel they have just given up on me.

Someone who reads this board asked me to ask Joe for the name and contact number of the Tykerb person. Joe? Is there a way to cut through the excess time required to receive Tykerb as compassionate use?

Any help on expiditing this may help to extend my life. I really want to see all three of my children grown and graduated from high school, but that would take 6 more years and a miracle would be needed for sure.

Thanks for any assistance,

Sharon

Last edited by sfernando; 08-24-2006 at 07:46 AM..
sfernando is offline   Reply With Quote