View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 10:21 AM   #6
Sandy H

My two cents worth. I worked in a hospital rehab for many years and this included getting billing information for the billing department. We had to ask every patient if this was an accident and where it happened and how. We also took their insurance which meant copying all insurance cards. The billing office would then bill the insurance if they denied because of a third party payer being involved such as homeowner, workmen comp, auto insurance, business, even private pay such as dog bites, falling down stairs or off someone's steps and there are others. The chances of you having to pay these bills is 0!! I doubt if you will need to get an attorney. Like Becky says send them a letter with copies of your bills and tell them you only want your bills paid if not possible then you may have to think of further compensation. Doesn't mean you will do it but make them think you will. You did the right thing is getting this checked out and not waiting. People don't understand the seriousness of lymphedema even some cancer patients. Wishing well and let us know how you make out. hugs, Sandy
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote