Thread: I'm scared
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 04:45 PM   #17
rinaina

Susan, I was diagnosed with stage I, node negative, er/pr- her2+ in April of this year and had a lumpectomy. I just completed chemo and while it wasn't a picnic, I have no regrets doing it because I trusted my oncologist who said I needed it and I did so much research and decided that it was the best way to fight this beast. I just had my first herceptin treatment and will be starting radiation as well in a few weeks. Having chemo, herceptin and radiation makes me feel like I am doing somtheing pro-active to stop this cance from spreading. I know there are no gaurantees but if you don't do any treatment, I feel you are at greater risk for a reoccurence or a metastisis. I am so sorry about your husband's inability to cope with this and he should be ashamed of himself. Don't feel you will be a burden to your sister and her family. I am sure she is happy to be there for you as you would for her. Keep in touch and if I can be of any help just email me or write again here. Best of luck to you.,
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote