View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 08:23 AM   #1
Carol H

Unhappy Side effects on Zometa

I was receiving Pamindronate for 3 years(every 4 weeks)(Intravenous) but changed recently to Zometa(every 4 wks intravenous also). I also receive weekly Herceptin intravenously and have done for 3 yrs now.(Spread to Bones and right breast(both inoperable)

Does anyone suffer from severe side effects on Zometa - since starting this bone treatment I don't know whether its coincidence or I am starting to go downhill anyway(as I have been 'terminal' for 3 yrs now - but after about 2 weeks of receiving Zometa it wore off and the bone pain gets very bad and feel very nauseas and just plain icky yucky and just not myself and most especially suffer from terrible hot flushes, mostly around the face and upper body(when I read info on Zometa it stated that in some rare cases some women suffer increased sweating) not sure if this is due to the menopause as since my ovaries were removed 3 yrs ago when the cancr came back I was shot right into menopause - would like advice soon as I see my consultant next week(22 Aug) to review treatment and due my bone treatment the same day.

Any thoughts would help as maybe I should switch back to 4 wkly pamidronate(even if it didn't completely mask the bone pain I didn't have all these unpleasant side effects) I need to be 100% as I have 2 kids under the age of 10 and need to be well enough to go about my life as normal as possible.

Hope to get some good advice on this
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote