View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 10:21 AM   #5
koolbreeze

Susan, I understand what you are feeling and have felt the same myself. And I am sure many others on this site have as well. While being HER2+ indicates a person could have a higher rate of metastisis, there is the good news of Herceptin. Herceptin is the drug that helps combat it. The results and reports on this drug seem to be very positive thus far.

As you go along and learn more and more about your cancer and talk with your doctors, folks on this site and others with similar experiences, you will find that no one is the same. Every situation is different and there are a variety drugs and treatments available to combat this elusive enemy.

While there is no certain 100% cure, there are definitely options and treatments that will help your personal prognosis in this battle. You are already on the right path with asking questions on this site. Balance these things with what your Doctors advise and you will be ahead of the situation already.

I wish you all the best. May your surgery be smooth and recovery quick. Take care. Kool

DX 3/05
Stage IIB 1.3cm w/ lymph node involvement
ER+++PR+, HER2+++ G3
Surgery - Left mastectomy 4/05, Lymph node removal 5/05, breast expander removal 6/05, partial thyroidectomy 7/05, Right mastectomy 1/06
Post Menopausal due to hyserectomy 2/03 (took hormone replacement)
Treatment - A/C, Taxol and Herceptin, Herceptin only (finish 10/06), Arimidex daily.
Age 50
koolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote