HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Somethings you just have to tell. (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61519)

Pray 07-22-2014 10:30 PM

Somethings you just have to tell.

Three weeks ago I had my blood draw and after being told early on that my white cells probably would never come up because a few of us take a little harder beating on our blood cells. Well after 4 1/2 yrs. this time they were normal! I told my son and he never forgot what the Dr. said and my son says "Mom did you say "IN YOUR FACE DOC!" and I said no "IN YOUR FACE CANCER!"

waterdreamer 07-22-2014 11:38 PM

Re: Somethings you just have to tell.

I love it, thanks for sharing. It gives all of us hope that one day we will see normal CBC's again....

Best wishes
Fern

Carol Ann 07-23-2014 08:00 AM

Great news! Thanks for posting!

Carol Ann

Lisalou 07-23-2014 10:49 AM

Good to hear! Hoping you are feeling correspondingly better as well.

Mtngrl 07-23-2014 11:24 AM

That's great! Thanks for telling us.

DizzyDo 07-23-2014 11:32 AM

Congrats and well done! Normal is wonderful!

tricia keegan 07-23-2014 03:15 PM

So pleased to read this!:)

Pray 07-23-2014 06:08 PM

Thank you everyone! I feel like I just received an award in Cancer kicking! lol

Nurse4u2day 07-23-2014 07:22 PM

In your face cancer!!!! Love it

Saygoon 07-23-2014 10:58 PM

Good for you!!!

CLD14 07-25-2014 12:20 PM

That is nice news :) I have just been going through treatment. One dr. visit I asked just that...will WBC counts go back up, to the normal range...and the dr. was kinda quiet...replied...some do/we will just have to wait and see....I was like, huh? So you are saying they just may not? All I could think was...why don't the drs. just say these things...so we don't just wonder? I sure have learned over these past months...that the phrase they use "everyone is different, so we just can't say" is true :/ But I feel the drs. could say a bit more...I just have been trying to wrap my head around it all... and have a general idea of things ! Reading, reading and reading about it all...well...at times I just must quit. It gets to be too much. One day at a time...w/ HIS help/grace : )
Thank you for any comments.

Pray 07-25-2014 10:44 PM

Cld14, I'd say your right where we all were at your stage of treatment! It Is frustrating�� on the other hand the times it is most fustrsring we force our selves to move on a bit�� hang in there your almost done�� hoot hoot��

CLD14 07-26-2014 08:21 PM

Thank you Pray : )
Yes, most treatment accomplished : )
I noticed most of the gals have their stats posted.
I had not done that....need to figure that one out.

I was 63 yrs. at diagnosis...Stage III C , IDC
lymph nodes in armpit and near collarbone involved.
I had chemo for 5 mos., break, lumpectomy, break,
then rads 33 treatments Apr/May.
Herceptin began in Oct. and I continue w/ it until
one year complete...getting close :)
Am just beginning to take the daily tab Arimidex.

It is so interesting how each of us has a bit of a different
story. I have neuropathy in fingers/toes/feet and that somedays is hard to take...taste buds still out of whack...I have done well, eating, even tho not enjoyed.
Have been doing walking/ and some strengthening exercise to help w/ my stamina/fatigue.

Redwolf8812 07-27-2014 08:32 AM

Great! Thank You, Lord!

:-) Penny

Adriana Mangus 08-03-2014 07:01 PM

Great news, thank you for sharing.

Pat94 08-03-2014 07:41 PM

CLD14, I agree with you. I wish they would just lay it out in all the draconian depths of purgatory but I guess they are afraid we will all run for it. Who knows, maybe we would. Anyway, my husband keeps reminding me that not everyone can handle that level of honesty - a bit like the difference in dipping your toe in the pool & gradually going deeper to jumping in the deep end and swimming for it. I have decided he is one of the dippers and I am a deep diver; I think he wants to believe that there are just minor temporary problems and, as soon as treatments are over, we will be back to our old selves, minus a few body parts in my case. It's why I depend on all the folks on this web site to let me know the truth since I know most doctors I have met try to sugarcoat things. I finished radiation on Friday and start chemo on Wednesday. Radiation was a piece of cake for me. I think it must help to have a dead chest ( my double mastectomy was a year ago) and a numb underarm and side (my axillary lymph node removal was in June). Wish I thought chemo would be the same.

CLD14 08-04-2014 09:32 AM

Hi Pat 94...thank you for you thoughts. My hubby said more or less the same...in that not all folks want to hear everything : /
My hubby went through cancer treatment a few years before me...so he does realize what it is all about...one good thing overall/altho in typical male style he didnt talk much/nor does he still...sees no point. He just has had his 5 yr. post treatment annv. and will see his oncologist next month for his final post treatment followup...thankful he is well...he lives w/ permanent side effect damage....his tumor was on his tonsil and in some lymph nodes in his neck...he had chemo/rads/surgery/feeding tube for 14 mos. It leaves all stiff in the neck, swallowing function...salivary glands damaged..thus affecting teeth/mouth health/eating is a slow process...quite an ordeal !

I will be glad to talk about the chemo if you wish...mine lasted 5 mos....I was ill at the beginning...w/the first mix of two drugs...second mix no nausea...so much better...as far as that goes... it was the second mix w/ Taxol that led to the neuropathy for me.
Radiation was fine for me as well. My skin held up great...my dr. recommended aloe vera gel and I faithfully put it on a few times daily. I know a few other gals that have had mastectomies but they have not spoken in much detail about it.
Talk to you later. : )