HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Fri the 13th Scans... Any News? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59066)

NEDenise 09-20-2013 08:59 PM

Fri the 13th Scans... Any News?

Hello Friends!
Several of you mentioned that you had scans scheduled late last week...
Any news to report?

Hoping for good news! But, even if the news isn't great... please let us support you with our love and prayers.
Denise

LeahM 09-21-2013 04:46 AM

Re: Fri the 13th Scans... Any News?

I had my lungs scanned for the third time and got the results on Fri the 13th. Area they were watching has stayed the same "looks a bit smaller actually" so no more scans for me. Also, I asked my rad onc why the job posting in her dept. that I applied for was retracted. She says there is a hiring freeze and my resume is at the top of the pile for when the freeze is lifted.
A long long time ago I turned 13 years old on Fri the 13, I also lived in the 13th house on our road. I'm not afflicted with triskaidekaphobia!!

dearjilly 09-21-2013 07:35 AM

Denise,
I've been thinking about you, cuz guess what??? My neurosurgeon is looking in to avastin for me. I will find out on Tuesday what will happen next. My radio/SRS doctor said he was worried because of the swelling, which worried me. However, my neurosurgeon made me feel better because he things that it still looks like necrosis and the swelling is a bit more, but not by much. He said another scan in 2 months. I'm going to pray to every god out there for shrinkage within the next two months. In the mean time Avastin may just do the trick. I'm up to 8mg per day now, which you know, is good. SO....hey, twin, we may be in this together fully if I get on the Avastin. Surgeon won't do the surgery either. Not a good idea at all!
Love ya! Jill xoxo How you doing Denise?

NEDenise 09-21-2013 08:42 AM

Leah!
That's great news! About you scans, and about the job possibilities! Yay you!
I'm not triscadekaphobic either... I got married on the 13th! Couldn't have been any luckier!

Jill,
Avastin is very easy to tolerate... and it seems to be doing the trick for me! That's so cool that your docs are looking into it for you. It's my understanding that even here in the states, it's not commonly used for necrosis yet. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed. And, I'll bombard heaven too!

If you think having your doc talk to mine would help, I'm sure he'd be happy to chat... he's sort of a pioneer at using Avastin for necrosis... and he's a genuinely good person, on top of being an excellent surgeon!

Anybody else have scan news??
Denise

NEDenise 09-25-2013 05:10 AM

Anyone else have news?
Jodie? Vicky?

??? Hoping and praying for news
Denise

KsGal 09-27-2013 11:49 PM

As of my September 13 scans, I am still NED! Holding on to NED like mad, and hope we get to dance together for a good long while. No more scans until November, so I get a month off. I can deal with a month of no scanxiety.
Big hugs and lots of prayers for everyone. Jody

NEDenise 09-28-2013 07:05 AM

Yay, Jody!
Great news!
Denise

dawny 09-28-2013 03:13 PM

I have some bad scan results NEDenise :(
I have been on TDM -1 trial for a few months, and my scans last week showed my two lymph nodes in the chest wall are still stable, but I have a new lump in the breast, and some axilary lymph nodes. So, progression whilst on Godzilla. I never had a mastectomy as I was diagnosed at stage four, and went straight to chemo.
The trial onc wants to treat aggressively and do a mastectomy and radiation to the chest wall. I will be going back to my old onc though, who is closer to home, and in a much nicer, quieter hospital. I have an upcoming appt with her, but I think i know what she will say - no mastectomy, no radiation, just change chemo. She is of the opinion that it is already stage 1V, why put yourself through the pain of surgery and radiation, when chemo hopefully can clear all the areas? I still consider myself very lucky to not have organ/bone/brain involvement. Although the trial nurse forgot to book a brain scan, so I am not sure if that is clear.
I have a holiday booked, I just knew something would come up! But I am going away for 9 nights, I am going to enjoy time with my family, maybe a few cocktails, and try not to worry what comes next!
Love to you
Dawn xx

Pamelamary 09-28-2013 08:44 PM

Sorry to hear your news, Dawn. I guess you will be happier getting treatment closer to home and with your usual oncologist. Have a wonderful holiday and forget about all the cancer crap for at least a few days! Let us know what your next treatment option will be.
Best wishes.... Pam

NEDenise 09-29-2013 02:07 PM

Aw, geez!
Dawn,
I'm with Pam! Go enjoy your holiday, and tackle this mess when you get back.
I'm sure your regular onc will have a terrific plan for knocking out those nodes and other signs of progression. And your refreshed mind and body, freshly returned from vacation, will be ready to jump back into the fray and kill the beast!
Keep us posted!
Sending love and a wish for GRAND holidays!
Denise

Pray 09-30-2013 08:01 PM

Dawn please know that you are in my prayers as all the woman here. Peace my friend

Vicky 10-01-2013 06:03 AM

Oh prayers Dawn- so sorry to hear. Glad however, that you are going on a trip!

Denise- so thoughtful of you to think of us that had scans. Two spots on my brain are indeed shrinking and one treated over a year ago appears stable and will be watched :) The bigger news however, is that my radiation onc wants to go ahead with srs to my right lung and zap a lymph node under my arm- in order to do that he wants me off my Tykerb and guess what- on to Avastin. You're leading the way dear Denise!

NEDenise 10-01-2013 06:15 AM

Vicky,
Of course I'm thinking of you guys!
We're all in this together my friend! :)
My "sisters" here are the only people in the world who truly "get" what it's like to be me.

Avastin is a very, very easy chemo!
I hope it does exactly what you need it to do.
But as for my "leading the way...
you're no doubt familiar with the saying "it's like the blind leading the blind" :)
DearJilly starts Avastin on Wednesday... we could all do Genentech commercials!!

I don't know anything about SRS to the lungs...
but the gamma zap to my brain was a breeze
(whoa, those are certainly words I never thought I'd hear myself say! - our reality is a little surreal sometimes huh!?)

Hoping and praying your zap does the trick!
Sending love and a big hug!
Denise

KsGal 10-02-2013 04:54 PM

Dawn...Im sorry to hear that your scan results were not as we had all hoped. Certainly sending lots of prayers and positive energy. I agree...you will come back from your vacation even stronger and more refreshed and ready to take on the new plan your doctor will have for you. Big hugs to you!