HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Spotting/ bleeding so soon after chemo? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59030)

IrvineFriend 09-17-2013 10:05 PM

Spotting/ bleeding so soon after chemo?

Hi All,

I ceased having periods when I was going through chemo. About half-way through radiation, I started spotting, mostly a brown color. Today it appears to be more a normal period. I'm almost 50, but women in our family typically go through the change late in life. I was extremely fertile up until this fun started. Anyone else resumed periods again so early in their treatment?

Thanks,

-Julie

MaineRottweilers 09-18-2013 04:06 AM

Re: Spotting/ bleeding so soon after chemo?

I was still having regular(ish) cycles right up to chemo #5. I have been regular almost to the minute most of my adult life. I image that our bodies want to return to regular as soon as they are able. I'd consider it a good sign---recovery!

LeahM 09-18-2013 05:05 AM

I remember my period coming back about 3/4 of my way thru rads. And it came back with a vengence! Was regular for 6 months and then took 2 months off. Came back for 4 days. Waiting to see what happens next.

Becky 09-18-2013 06:10 AM

Mine came back 6 months after chemo was over - about 3/4 months after rads.

tricia keegan 09-18-2013 07:42 AM

I had an ooph straight after chemo so my period never returned.

IrvineFriend 09-18-2013 03:41 PM

Thanks everyone. For some reason, I thought my periods would be gone forever and it would be the only good to come from this thing. So I got worried and couldn't find much on Google and my doctor is on vacation. Weird how the little things freak me out so much now.

-Julie

lasarles 09-21-2013 03:44 PM

I had a period after my first chemo May 2012. It has been 15 months since then and periods have not returned...no spotting or nothing.

Adriana Mangus 09-21-2013 04:16 PM

Hi!!!!!! long time no see you Julie. So glad to hear you are doing great!

I have to say congratulations!!! to your just posted note regarding your period. I have this to say.....

Don't worry about not having periods, mine stopped all together early during my first round with chemo, I was only 38 years old. They came back sporadically but never again had the regular every 28 days menstrual periods.

So, I just enjoyed sex even more than ever, Ha! I encourage you to do the same, unless there are other issues with your body, then it might require a visit to the gynecologist, otherwise don't even think about it.

Call me whenever you are free, we have a pending get together girls only outing!

Love,

Adriana

IrvineFriend 09-22-2013 11:59 AM

HI Adriana!

I'd be glad to be done with periods, I thought Tomoxifin took them away?! I have an appt. with an OBGYN next month to check it out. I'll give you a call soon, working reallly hard for the next 10 days and my boyfriend just bought a new house that needs work. I'll PM you!

Xoxo