HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update on Barb (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58244)

MikeF 05-30-2013 12:35 PM

Update on Barb

I wanted to stop by, say hello, and give you all an update on my warrior Barb. After 7 treatments of Perjeta/Herceptin/Taxotere all seems well. She had her last treatment the 21st and the only glitch shes had is a small spot of skin mets on her stomach just below her left breast. Her radiation onco treated the area with electron treatments ending the 14th. Right now shes a little uncomfortable with the area as its peeling and itching with a little weeping. Other than this shes doing really well, she has a down week after treatment but has bounced back for two good weeks then its off for another treatment. We lost her father a month ago which was hard on her but hey 92 years is a good long life. Were looking forward to a nice summer around our pool and watching our grandsons play baseball. I continue to check in when I can and have seen the loss of a couple fighters along the way. My heart goes out to all of you and your families this is such a tough fight on everyone. We can only hope and pray that one day this wont be as big a monster as it has been in the past. KEEP UP THE FIGHT we love and appreciate you all.

Paty 05-30-2013 02:40 PM

Re: Update on Barb

Mike,
Great to hear that Barb i doing well, hope the minor problem with the radiation goesaway soon and fast. Enjoy your summer, life is just a second. Hugs.

KsGal 05-30-2013 02:44 PM

I wish we had a like button on here... This is wonderful news. Im so glad she is feeling much better and you are looking forward to enjoying this summer with each other and the rest of the family. What could be better than sunshine, family, cookouts, baseball, grandchildren! :)

Redwolf8812 05-30-2013 04:14 PM

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/a...ey-Dancing.gif

ElaineM 05-30-2013 04:29 PM

Congratulations on the great news. Keep up the good work.

Laurel 05-30-2013 05:44 PM

Mike,

Thank you for a bit of upbeat news. We need some these days! I hope you and Barb have a terrific summer by the pool and enjoying the grandchildren. Sweet time of life despite the ongoing cancer battle.

Pamelamary 05-30-2013 11:42 PM

Mike,
I also want to thank you for passing on some good news. I hope the treatment continues to be tolerable and that you both enjoy a wonderful summer.
best wishes to Barb..... Pam

Adriana Mangus 05-31-2013 02:59 AM

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear Barb is doing great.

About five years ago I visited your beautiful state North Carolina, my family and I had a great time.

Enjoy your summer watching your grandbabies swim and everything else that comes along with the nice warm weather. Did I hear ribs and cold beer? Enjoy.

Adriana

NEDenise 05-31-2013 03:55 AM

Mike
So glad to hear that Barb is doing well! Thanks for the update!
Hope you both have a wonderful, relaxing summer!
Enjoy those boys!
Denise

Mtngrl 05-31-2013 05:00 AM

Thank you, Mike, for checking in. Double thanks for passing on good news. Say hi to Barb.

suzan w 05-31-2013 06:52 AM

Thanks for sharing such good news,we need it! Sounds like a fun summer. One of the positives about a journey with cancer riding along in the back seat is our appreciation for what is really important! After all, 'the journey is the destination!'

CarolineC 05-31-2013 09:54 AM

I'm so happy that things are going well and thank you for your words to keep up the fight. Barb's tenacity and your support for her are such an inspiration to me.

Enjoy your summer with your family, you deserve it!

yanyan 05-31-2013 11:27 AM

Thanks for sharing the great news on Barb! I hope she will continue to do well !

Paula O 06-02-2013 06:08 AM

What great news that Barb is doing so well! Please tell her I said "Hi" and am very glad about this answer to prayer. :)

Have fun with those dear grandkids!
Paula

Jackie07 06-03-2013 09:12 AM

Thanks for the wonderful update! Glad Barb is doing well. Sending her and your family our warmest regard/love ...