HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Stats on Her2 group, (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55439)

Pray 08-08-2012 09:12 PM

Stats on Her2 group,

Just curious, Has there ever been a survey here of how many her2 patients on this site live in each state, no matter the stage?

Pray 08-08-2012 09:14 PM

Re: Stats on Her2 group,

And country for that matter? I just think it would be interesting to know.

Pray 08-09-2012 09:37 PM

I guess the answer is no?

Paty 08-09-2012 09:45 PM

I do not think so, but less wait to see if some of the best informed girls know (Becky, Sassi, Steph, Sheila). Since I have been in this board, I have never heard from any information that would give you those numbers. I agree with you, it would be very interesting.

Laurel 08-10-2012 06:27 PM

You could begin a poll. I am not gifted enough to endeavor to do it, but will say I am from Pennsylvania in the good old USA.

Pray 08-10-2012 09:54 PM

I couldn't began to guess how to do it. So for what its worth I'm from Pure Michigan!

NEDenise 08-11-2012 03:24 AM

Hi
Would be cool to know...but I have no idea how to set it up.
I know we can set up surveys...but I think we can only add maybe 4 or 5 options...not nearly enough to find out where we're all from.

Hmmm...maybe some of our more tech-savvy sisters know.
:) Denise

Jeanette 08-11-2012 05:33 AM

I am originally from Scotland, but now live in Florida
Jeanette

rhondalea 08-11-2012 08:27 AM

I started setting up a survey on Survey Monkey. Then I decided it would be more productive if we opened an account together. That way, everyone can log in to the account and look at the data. Survey Monkey has tools for this, because there is more than one way to look at such information.

I did this after some furious googling for what Nancy was asking. Studies have been done as to hormone receptors but there's nothing I could specifically for HER2 status.

Then, yesterday, my RSS feed from Science Daily produced this:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0808093443.htm

In Marin County, at least, it appears that nature trumps nurture. I have a couple of the wonky Vitamin D receptor genes, so I'm supposing that living in NJ most of my life is not the reason I have BC.

This whole post is backwards, but it's the second time I've written it. Last night, I lost the whole thing when I tried to get the Science Daily link.

Anyway, we need a user name and a password. I'll set up a new email address for us to use, and I'll post it here.

If there's any data that we want to include besides type of cancer and geographical location, let me know, and I'll add it in.

Rhonda

tricia keegan 08-11-2012 03:49 PM

I'm from Ireland but would be intrerested in the results!

rhondalea 08-11-2012 06:11 PM

Hi Tricia,

I want to do a fill-in-the-blank for the geographical area. The CDC may not be international, but this group sure is. Maybe we can round up the HER2 women who post to other groups, as well, for an even bigger sample.

tricia keegan 08-12-2012 06:24 AM

No prob, thanks Rhonda!

Pray 08-12-2012 09:24 PM

Thank you so much Rhonda! Thank also to everyone else for responses!

rhondalea 09-16-2012 06:01 PM

Nancy,

First the apology--I'm a total loser. I didn't forget, but I can't get a grip. I'm so sorry.

Here's the link to the post with the link to the survey:

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sho...d.php?p=279591

I'll send you a PM with the login information shortly.

NEDenise 09-17-2012 05:59 AM

Rhonda, my friend...there are many, many words that pop into my head when I think of you...but "loser" is DEFINITELY not one of them!! How about...caring...intelligent...generous...funny... busy...brave...survivor...I could go on and on and on!
Thanks for working on gathering this info!
Denise

rhondalea 09-17-2012 06:45 AM

Dearest Denise, you have not seen my living room. (And truly, I love you to death, but if you knocked on my door right now, I'd send you packing.) The horror, the horror.

:)

This too shall pass. I hope.

NEDenise 09-17-2012 10:25 AM

Rhonda, Dear Rhonda...people in glass houses should never throw stones! And so, I can say with complete confidence that if I am ever fortunate enough to wend my way to Somerset NJ...you can open your door without fear of judgment! :) I am soooooo not "the house inspector"!!
Love ya!
Denise

rhondalea 09-19-2012 06:04 AM

I know I needn't fear your judgment of my disaster area (which, thankfully, is not a toxic waste dump, but the sort of thing you might expect if a hurricane blew through your cabinets--especially filing cabinets--closets and drawers), but it would still take your breath away, Denise.

I am utterly in awe of the fact that you're back to work. I have trouble getting off the couch, although every now and then, I accumulate enough momentum to get one or two things done.

It's just ridiculous that I avoided most of the common side effects only to be felled by fog and fatigue.

But it's all good. I'm still breathing, so this too shall pass.

Pray 09-21-2012 11:05 AM

I'm sure I don't know who has the funnest sense of Humor!!