HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Experience with Pertuzumab? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52309)

Debbie L. 11-30-2011 07:31 AM

Experience with Pertuzumab?

Hi all, it looks like Pertuzumab is going to be one of the news-makers at SABCS next week. I haven't heard much about it here, but maybe I just haven't been paying attention. Is anyone in a Pertuzumab trial (or have you been in one previously)? If so, how's it going (or how did it go)? I'm more curious to hear real-person reports of side effects than of efficacy -- the study reports will, as always, emphasize the efficacy.

I look forward to seeing others in San Antonio next week, and to hearing something new and impressive. I'm getting a little jaded about SABCS these last few years -- not enough progress, not fast enough either. If they try to rehash ATAC again, for one example, I'm going to scream.

But it is still amazing to be there, to see the brilliance and energy that is being devoted to stopping breast cancer. And to meet up with all the wonderful friends that have come into my life because of breast cancer.

Debbie Laxague

chrisy 11-30-2011 06:48 PM

Re: Experience with Pertuzumab?

Debbie, I'm with you - progress is too slow - but reporting out 2 Pertuzumab trials on Friday should be exciting news. I've not heard much about the side effects...but do know that there is much anticipation and excitement over it. I'm looking forward to seeing it and more importantly, finding out how close they will be to filing for approval!

Maybe I'll see you there.

Ellie F 12-01-2011 03:22 AM

Just want to say thank you to my sisters going to San Antonio.I always await the latest news in our fight against the beast and hope this year brings us some stellar good news on more targeted treatments.
Looking forward to the posts!
Ellie

Lori R 12-01-2011 06:48 AM

Debbie,
Thank you for starting this thread. I am very anxious to hear about the status of Pertuzumab. My onc has expressed excitement about this possibility, yet when I try to gain insights she doesn't seem to have many specifics for me.

Chrisy and all attending SABCS...thank you so much for going. It would be great if you guys could get the scoop on FDA approval status. My internet searches indicated that back in the summer and fall things were moving forward for approval. Then all goes radio silent. So if you could get a sense of timing that would be great!!

OK...getting greedy here.....the only trials I saw paired Pertuzumab with Doxil. I had hoped for a very targeted option of Herceptin + Pertuzumab. It would be wonderful if you could get a sense of what the potential cocktail might look like.

Exciting stuff for sure and as everyone knows, looking for another option for my hip pocket.

Again, thank you to all your brainiacs attending SABCS. I am thrilled to have the inside track on these options. My onc has come to respect my insights based on all I learn from this site.

chrisy 12-01-2011 04:24 PM

I know that 2 studies will be reported out in the main session at SABCS on Friday am. Genentech is also having a small group meeting (which will include at least myself, Brenda and StephN) at which time questions about WHEN this will be submitted for FDA approval will certainly be asked, and hopefully answered...

Many people I've spoken with (Genentech researchers as well as oncologists) are very excited about this.

I just hope everyone hurries up!

alicem 12-01-2011 11:30 PM

Article about Genentech's upcoming announcements at SABCS:

http://www.xconomy.com/san-francisco...ncer-confab/2/