HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Hope: Stage IV 6 years....gone skiing (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44141)

kk1 03-10-2010 09:12 AM

Hope: Stage IV 6 years....gone skiing

Today marks a very important day for me. Not only does it mark 6 years since my primary DX as stage IV with liver mets but moments ago I got my scan reports from last Monday and all is clear. In honor of all the wonderful women from this board who have given me hope over these past 6 years I am going skiing. I have this favorite run I do each year at Squaw on the west face of Olympic lady that has spectacular views and great regular moguls. It gives me great joy each time I can get to the bottom. Ester inspired me to dedicate a run each year to myself. I first meet her on this board when she was dedicating a run to herself on the top of Vail. This year I am dedicating it to all the Stage IV Women on this board, so that I can pass on the Hope that people like Ester and Joy gave to me .

This cancer road is never easy but there is always hope. Find the joy in your life, hold on for the ride,....live in the moment.

Unregistered 03-10-2010 09:40 AM

Re: Hope: Stage IV 6 years....gone skiing

You are amazing, and inspirational to all of us who bear in mind that although we are NED now, we may not be so for ever, but should that happen, we can go on and on and on. Keep on keeping on!

michka 03-10-2010 10:22 AM

Congratulations!!!!!!! This is good news.
Yes, go skiing for all of us! Have fun!
and when you will be at the top of the mountain, think of our dear Angels for me too. Michka

bejuce 03-10-2010 10:34 AM

Congratulations!!! And thanks for sharing your story with us and giving us hope!!!

Marcia

Shobha 03-10-2010 10:36 AM

Congratulations!! Thanks so much for sharing your good news with us! It lifts my spirits and gives me so much hope. Wishing you continued NED status...

Have fun skiing!

shobha

schoolteacher 03-10-2010 10:56 AM

KK1,

Thanks for sharing your journey with us. You offer many of us some HOPE.

Amelia

WolverineFan 03-10-2010 11:41 AM

LOVED your post and your attitude!!! Congratulations, and may you have MANY more ski runs!!!

Ellie F 03-10-2010 12:21 PM

Thanks for sharing your good news. This is the very best type of hope for us stage 4 girls.

Hugs Ellie

caya 03-10-2010 01:33 PM

Wow KK1 - amazing news. You go girl - enjoy your skiing, you sure deserve it! Such hopeful news for everyone...

all the best
caya

StephN 03-10-2010 01:56 PM

Hey KK!
Good to hear from you and with SUCH GREAT NEWS.
Glad all is well and you are getting a change of scene and another kind of challenge.

We don't ski any more. Hubby's bad back and then my cancer. I could go, but I seem to cringe at the lift ticket prices now!

Sandra in GA 03-10-2010 02:37 PM

Congratulations! You are truly an inspiration. With your attitude, you should be NED for many years to come!

Sandra

vlcarr 03-10-2010 03:03 PM

You go with your bad self! Great news.

dawn 03-10-2010 03:26 PM

Enjoy the run. All the best and shout to the top of your lungs when you are at the top. Congrats

Dawn

jml 03-12-2010 04:51 PM

Fabulous news KK!
Hope you're enjoying yourself.
Thanks for taking us along on the ride with you~

Jean 03-13-2010 01:30 PM

Your Post is beautiful and very tender, thank you.
Have a smooth run - and sending you best wishings
for many more years...and years...of dedicated runs.

Hugs,
jean

Lori R 03-13-2010 03:47 PM

Thank you so much for returning to the board with such positive news.

What a great idea!! It figures that Esther would do something so full of life. I am so glad that you mentioned her name. It made me pause and think of her.

Enjoy your ski run and know that there are a few of us are along for the ride. (so don't fall!!)

Please continue to check in and give us all hope.

Lori

Patb 03-13-2010 05:27 PM

Good news and inspirational to others. Enjoy the run.
patb

karen z 03-13-2010 07:17 PM

Thank you for your wonderful and inspiring post.
Karen Z

Adriana Mangus 03-14-2010 02:42 AM

Enjoy the ride!

Dear K,

Because of people like you we keep our faith and pray for a cure.

I was in beautiful Squaw Valley last month. My brother-in-law passed away January 16, the Memorial service took place at the Squaw Valley resort 2-14-10, this day it would have been his 28th wedding anniversary. So sad.

Such a beautiful place to have had the service, but this was his favorite place. His cabin is just across from the beautiful Squaw mountains on the other side of the resort.

His ashes were spread at the top of the mountain, he was an avid and expert skiier.

I'm also in remission- for now- from stage IV bc cancer. Just counting my blessings and hoping for a cure.

Love,

Adriana

fullofbeans 03-19-2010 12:59 PM

I am delighted to hear the great news!!!!

All the best to you and your lovely family
with much love
Kxx