HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   just need to chat (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40183)

jhandley 06-25-2009 09:08 PM

just need to chat

Hi everyone
I had herceptin today and it always makes me feel a bit down for a few hours. Have had some visual disturbances lately and had a ct scan which was clear and am waiting for a brain mri on 2 July. Something doesnt feel quite right. Also having sinus trouble again..and to top it all off I now have to look for another boarder/co-tenant as my current one is leaving unexpectedly. Anyway just have to keep on keeping on...
Jackie (down under)

ElaineM 06-25-2009 09:22 PM

just need to chat

Yes. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and don't give up. We all have good and bad days.

Believe51 06-25-2009 09:31 PM

Jackie, as always you are in my prayers. I am sorry that you are feeling this way. Is there anyway that you could try to get this appointment moved up? Sometimes if they have a cancellation, they can fit you in. Try to call and see if you can do that to ease your mind. If not, July 2 will come quicker than you think and we will be here praying and sending positive thoughts your way.

And then your tenant that is leaving is causing you stress too. Poor girl, everything may feel like it is falling down around you but we will be right here to protect you. Try to relax this week and do something special for yourself. I will be up for a while in case you still need to talk.>>Believe51

Jackie07 06-25-2009 09:40 PM

Jackie,

'Waiting' is always the hardest thing. Since the CT scan is fine, I will 'wait' without worrying too much about it. It's possible that everything could have been caused by sinus problems. But you are wise to have it checked out.

Sorry about your tenant problem. I hope you find one soon. And who knows, you might find a better one this time.

rl2 06-25-2009 11:17 PM

herceptin can cause all these problems - I was dizzy and walking into walls post-chemo and during herceptin and had brain MRI and all was well, my sinuses were a mess - don't worry too much. The brain MRI is a weird experience (and loud). I think sometimes just all the treatment takes it toll. Good luck, hopefully your symptoms are nothing and you will be cleared. If not - there's lots they can do.

Mary Anne in TX 06-26-2009 04:58 AM

Jackie, I remember once having a similiar experience. Did the scans, brain MRI, and all. But I think we have to do all that when our body is chattering at us in order to move on to the next thing. My sinuses make me crazy sometimes, but we must protect our progress by checking things out. As I've gotten further from surgery and chemo, it does become a little easier to let go when the tests say to do so!
It's just hard, I know.
Sorry about your tenet, but I too, hope it brings you an even more delightful one!
ma

jhandley 06-26-2009 05:34 AM

thankyou

Thankyou all! this site has given me much support over the past 8 years. Feeling much better now. Been out for dinner and taken something for my sinus troubles which is working.
Cheers
jackie (down under)

chrisy 06-26-2009 11:16 AM

Jackie,
Boy, I can relate to how you are feeling...hopefully a good night's sleep will help you feel better. I've lived with Herceptin sinuses for a long time and it does put me in a funk from time to time for sure. Plus waiting for scans (then waiting for results).

Hope you're feeling better!
Chris

tricia keegan 06-26-2009 11:49 AM

Jackie I had similar problems on herceptin too, I hope you're feeling better soon and this resolves itself:)

Believe51 06-27-2009 09:40 AM

Jackie, I am glad you are feeling better today. I wanted to read your update and also comment on the gorgeous picture of the kids. Let us know how the test goes, even though I have more faith than ever that it will be perfect.>>Believe51

suzan w 06-27-2009 03:16 PM

I well remember the feeling that lasted a few days after each Herceptin infusion! The sinus stuff...headache...dizzy...generally feeling a little out of it. My oncologist reminded me feeling a little yucky was proof that Herceptin was racing around in my system doing its job!!!

Lori R 06-27-2009 03:37 PM

Jackie,
You are sooooo smart. Coming to the site when you are feeling a little blue is the perfect place to come. Sounds like you also had a change of scenery which is also a positive move.

Odd....I just finished a chemo+Herceptin treatment and was feeling a little sad today as well. I found that forcing myself to think of all the things I was thankful for helped lift my spirits.

Your photo has a couple of wonderful angels...I'll be you are thankful for them with their big smiles.

Wishing you all the best with your tests and your new boarder!!

Lori

jhandley 06-28-2009 02:24 AM

photo

Hi everyone
The photo is actually of me and my daughter after my hip hop tap dance number at our end of year show. (I am on the right).
Jackie (down under)

Believe51 06-28-2009 10:18 PM

Hahaha, I still say you look like a young one yourself!! What a gorgeous picture of you both. I wanted to stop in and tell you I am thinking of you my friend.>>Believe51

Ellie F 06-29-2009 03:37 AM

Hi Jackie
The sinus problem really gets me to,often with watery eyes and feeling slightly dizzy. The horrible thing is that it often makes my imagination run wild thinking it's due to other things which in turn makes me feel worse!

I was really interested about the oncs comment that these symptoms may show herceptin is working.Last year I had 7 three weekly doses of herceptin and got the symptoms. I then had a further 2 with no symptoms at all.I then got a recurrence. Coincidence? Who knows?So for today I'm trying to be positive about the sinuses!
Ellie

Lori R 06-29-2009 05:04 AM

Jackie,
OK....I really feel silly....BUT...You look great!! I'm impressed, a hip hop dance #. Must be very demanding and you certainly look like "jackie from the hood"

Stay tough!!! Lori

Sheila 06-29-2009 03:23 PM

Jackie
Hope you are feeling better by now.....love the picture!!!!!

jhandley 07-01-2009 02:21 AM

wish me luck for mri scan tomorrow

Hi everyone
The 2nd July has come around at last.
so I will be having the brain mri tomorrow at 5 pm (australian time). Wish me luck!
Jackie (down under)

Jackie07 07-01-2009 02:39 AM

Jackie,

We will remember you on July 2nd. Good luck to you.

Sheila 07-01-2009 05:36 AM

jackie
heres hoping for an all clear tomorrow...you are in my thoughts