HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Not posting much (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33395)

Lolly 04-06-2008 07:10 PM

Not posting much

Hi All; Just want to let you all know that I'm not posting very much lately as I go through radiation, because it's painful for me to sit at the computer for very long. Not because of the rads, but due to a back injury I suffered in January from falling ker-splat here at home and wrenching all the muscles in my upper right back. It's been really acting up due to the "pose" I have to assume on the rads table; of course it's exactly wrong for the injured muscles and is aggravating them.

Don't want anyone to worry that I'm not ok, just trying to nurse my back along until I finish radiation. Two weeks down, four to go!

<3 Lolly

Ceesun 04-06-2008 07:24 PM

Feel better Fast, Lolly and easy does it, friend. Ceesun

Karen W 04-06-2008 07:32 PM

I'm glad to hear you are ok, Lolly. Please take care of yourself and update us when you can.

Hugs,

Karen

Bill 04-06-2008 09:26 PM

I've been thinking about you, Lolly. I'm sorry about you falling and hurting your back. I know you're a tough one and will get through the rads. ok. Thanks for checking in. Love ya, Bill

StephN 04-06-2008 10:51 PM

Dear Lolly -
Sorry to hear about your back. Something in your post reminds me of the Perils of Pauline ....

Try to be more careful with yourself, OK? I should take my own advice. I put a rubber mat into the freshly scrubbed tub and the suction thingies were not stuck. I put one foot in and slipped whacking my other shin on the rim of the tub. I have a turkey egg size bump and bruise there. It looks pretty bad, but I can still walk!

Let us know when you are finished with the rads and how you are doing. My best thoughts for healing energy coming your way.

AlaskaAngel 04-06-2008 10:51 PM

Back troubles

Hi Lolly,

Thanks for the update, and I hope the technicians do their best to make each of your rads appointments as BRIEF as possible. I'm sorry that things are piling up, and that you get out from under ASAP....

AlaskaAngel

harrie 04-06-2008 11:18 PM

Lolly, will be looking forward to your return. Hope your rads tx goes quick and easy for you.
Maryanne

sarah 04-07-2008 12:04 AM

Lolly,
Hope the radiation goes well and that your back heals soon
hugs and love
sarah

Mary Jo 04-07-2008 04:00 AM

Thanks for updating us Lolly. I have been thinking about you. I hope your muscle issue resolves itself quickly. I'm sorry you are having to go through that too.

Love to you lolly,

Mary Jo

dhealey 04-07-2008 04:16 AM

Lolly

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Jean 04-07-2008 04:34 AM

Lolly,
You are missed here...sorry you had that nasty fall. I hope the rest of your trt goes easy for you. Sending you warm healing wishes.

Kindes Regards,
Jean

Sheila 04-07-2008 04:35 AM

Lolly
Take your time to heal from the back injury and the radiation...we will be hear waiting for you when you are feeling better...you are such a pillar of our group. Hope things improve everyday for you!

IRENE FROM TAMPA 04-07-2008 04:57 AM

Take your time

Lolly - and get well rested.

You are always in my thoughts my friend.

PinkGirl 04-07-2008 06:45 AM

Hi Lolly
Thanks for checking in with us. Sorry about your
back woes - sore backs are no fun.

I've always wondered how to spell "ker-splat". Thanks
for that info!!!

Good luck with the rads and the muscle spasms.

Joy 04-07-2008 07:03 AM

good to hear from you

Thanks Lolly, it is always great to know what is going on, because we are a bunch of worriers, aren't we? So sorry about your back. Nurture yourself and I hope radiation is going as well as possible and kickin' those dumb cells!

sassy 04-07-2008 05:31 PM

Lolly,

Treat yourself well. Light massage might be in order if you can wrangle someone into doing it! Take it easy and heal. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Becky 04-07-2008 05:50 PM

Can a chiropracter or physical therapy (stretching) session help??

Maybe something can help with that pain in the back? I am thinking about you and sending you healing wishes.

Patb 04-07-2008 05:54 PM

Good to hear from you but sorry about your back. I hope the radiation
is soon over and your back is better.
patb

caya 04-07-2008 09:08 PM

Lolly -

I hope you feel better soon. I agree with Becky - how about a chiro and/or a massage therapist?

Good luck with your rad tx, rest as best you can.

all the best
caya

Sherryg683 04-07-2008 10:04 PM

I've been thinking about you. Sorry to hear you are having to go through all this again. I hope your back gets well and gives you some relief. sherryg683