HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   More news on Carol H- (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32622)

tricia keegan 02-13-2008 05:07 AM

More news on Carol H-

Hello again Everyone,

Since I last posted Carol had to have surgery to insert a couple of metal rods in her femur and spine area as the cancer had degenerated the bone so much, all treatments had been put on hold while she healed. This concerned Carol greatly as the brain tumour continue's to grow and she finds herself becoming more confused daily as a result while still battling the pain from the bone cancer.
This morning I had a call to say she's been moved finally to another hospital for WBR and I can visit her tomorrow:)
The first hospital she had been in for surgery allowed no visits (even family) as they had a severe flu outbreak going on, so poor Carol has been left on her own practically since Christmas. I just spoke with her and she hopes to be home next week, they've converted a room down stair's for her at home as she's in a wheelchair at present. I'm sure I'll get lots more news from her tomorrow but she still has the same determination and courage to fight this that she had when first dx. A very couragous lady!
She always asks about her friends here and as I've received a couple of pm's asking how she is I thought it was time for an update and a reminder to please keep her in your prayer's. Thanks to all.

Mary Anne in TX 02-13-2008 05:13 AM

Tricia, thanks ever so much for updating us on Carol. What a battle she has been fighting! Please give hugs and love from me and tell her I think that she is wonderful! And love to you for putting your love into action. ma

Jackie07 02-13-2008 05:17 AM

We'll be praying for her. Thanks.

Cathya 02-13-2008 09:36 AM

Tricia;

All my best wishes to Carol. It is wonderful of you to keep us informed and I do hope she gets some better news soon.

Cathy

tousled1 02-13-2008 02:26 PM

Tricia,

Thank you for keeping us posted on Carol's progress. Carol is one heck of a warrior. She's to be admired for her determination. I will keep her in my prayers.

Bill 02-13-2008 03:18 PM

You are both in my thoughts and prayers, Love, Bill

Vanessa 02-13-2008 03:27 PM

More prayers coming to you and Carole H.!!!!!

Carolyns 02-13-2008 05:41 PM

Tricia,

Thank you for posting the update. Carol sounds like an amazing person and it is hard to believe all that she is going through. I will say extra prayers for her and her family.

Love, Hope, and Peace,

Carolyn

Emelie 02-15-2008 09:42 AM

Prayers and good thoughts

Thanks so much for the update. I have been thinking about her and wondering how she was doing. Please let her know that we are keeping her in our daily thoughts and prayers.
Emelie

Jade 02-20-2008 01:45 PM

Thanks Tricia

for the update on Carol. I wish I could be there to give her a huge gentle hug, she's been through so much. The pain of being isolated while you are so very ill is unbearable, for her and her loved ones. My family went through this during the SARS epidemic in Toronto with my mother critically ill in hospital. Without family and friends around, where do you find the strength to fight, yet she is still fighting for her children and her family and they all deserve for her to get better! I hope being out of isolation and surrounded by love will help to make the WBR a success and she will be blessed with a miracle. My heart just aches for her, her story has really touched me. I want her to get better! Please give her our love and let her know we care. And you are a sweetheart to be there for her Tricia. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Love and hope,
Jade

mts 02-20-2008 03:16 PM

Tricia-

Thank you so much for the update- please let CarolH know she being thought of...

Maria