HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~Ssshh~I Think I Am Still Asleep.... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31542)

Believe51 12-10-2007 11:45 AM

~Ssshh~I Think I Am Still Asleep....

Well Friday's chemo went better than expected for My Mighty Oak. As you all know I am a bit demanding and have trained our nurses to know this!! (LOL). Our nurse Aileen came skirting over to us and handed me Ed's bloodwork, she was crying. As I read the tumor markers, I too cried while Aileen rubbed my back. She lovingly grasped the top of my head and kissed it softly, hugging me for what seemed an hour. Although it has only been a month on the A/C combo his numbers went down 45%!!! When Ed read the results tears flowed from his eyes, he has not seen a drop in these numbers since March 2007!! In fact, they have been increasing since then and are worse than they were at diagnosis!

I am drunk with happiness!! Right now I will consider this combo effective but will not rest easy until he is in NED. Baby steps!! Last year before the Taxotere/Herceptin stopped working he was almost at normal range so thus my hesitation. It is what it is and his numbers are dropping, Thank You GOD!

For the newbies on the board, tumors markers are not always used depending on what kind of breast cancer and what kind of patient. Tumor markers are sometimes not even used in certain cases. Some of my girlfriends are in normal range with the markers and the cancer is full-blown, with markers never rising at all. ED is tumor marker sensitive and we use the markers as a tool. He responds better to radiation than to chemo, the thing with radiation is he has Inflammatory BC and we cannot do his entire body.

Keep the prayers coming. I will continue to command the rest of our miracle. Ed will keep up the great work. Again Friends, thanks for the prayers and well wishing>>Believe51

tousled1 12-10-2007 11:50 AM

Marie,

What wonderful news to hear on a Monday! I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that this combo continues to work for Ed. He certainly dserves a break after all he's been through. You and Ed remain in my prayers.

Jean 12-10-2007 12:31 PM

Oh Marie,
You made me smile, just loved hearing Ed's results.
Tears of Joy!
Will continue to keep Ed in my prayers.
Also your Mom.

Hugs,
jean

Believe51 12-10-2007 12:32 PM

Kate.....

How can you cross your toes when I cannot even walk straight!! LOL. How are you feeling?? I know you have a respite from chemo, but how is KATE?? Sending Love and Prayers>>Believe51

kareneg 12-10-2007 12:37 PM

Oh Marie,

I am crying those Happy Tears what an awesome feeling it is seeing the numbers drop like that! YOU GO ED!!!!!!!!! And you Ed and Mom are always in my prayers!

caya 12-10-2007 12:41 PM

Marie,

Great news to start off the week. I am praying that those numbers keep dropping until ED becomes NED.

all the best,
caya

suzan w 12-10-2007 01:05 PM

That is indeed great news. An early holiday gift, eh?

Vanessa 12-10-2007 01:22 PM

What wonderful news. I am so glad Ed's tumor markers are dropping. I will continue to keep you, your mighty oak, and your mom in my prayers. Best wishes.

nitewind 12-10-2007 01:49 PM

Marie, my sweet friend, I think all of us needed some happy tears from you. I'm crying along with you. We've been storming heaven for your Mighty Oak for quite a while now, it's about time for some great news.
We love you both very much
hugs and give Ed a hug from me
Susan

MJo 12-10-2007 01:52 PM

I agree with Suzan. This is a gift for the holidays, and the New Year!! All the very best to Ed...

tricia keegan 12-10-2007 03:41 PM

Marie what fantastic news and I'm truely happy for both of you as we go forward to a new year, I hope this is a sign of all good things to come to both of you.

Mary Jo 12-10-2007 04:53 PM

Oh Marie,

What happy news. It makes the "journey" so much easier for Ed and you knowing that although your "mighty oak" doesn't always feel well (which makes you feel sad I'm sure) it is worth it as he is responding to the treatment. Yahoozee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND a HUGE ------------------ THANK YOU GOD ------------------ I shout Heavenward.

Sending love and hugs,

Mary Jo

Joanne S 12-10-2007 05:04 PM

I'm delighted to hear that great news!

Hope and prayers for continued improvement,
Joanne S

Lolly 12-10-2007 05:11 PM

Marie, it's so wonderful to hear your good news. Christmas came early, eh?

<3 Lolly

IRENE FROM TAMPA 12-10-2007 05:20 PM

Way to go Ed

Marie I am so happy for Ed. I know how important it is to go in and hear some good news for a change.

Keep up the good work Ed.

MERRY XMAS

Mary Anne in TX 12-10-2007 05:28 PM

A blessed gift for you and Ed. So deserving, so wonderful, so fun to hear your news. I pray those numbers keep heading south. Lots of love to you both. ma

TriciaK 12-10-2007 05:30 PM

I am so happy for you and Ed, Marie!!! We will keep the prayers and positive thoughts winging your way! Hugs, Tricia

Debra 12-10-2007 05:47 PM

Well Marie your the second happy post I read today! Keep them coming everyone! Things seem to be going in the right direction and only good thoughts that they will continue to do so!

Joan M 12-10-2007 06:45 PM

Marie,

This is wonderful news for you and Ed! And a great Christmas present.

Joan

sassy 12-10-2007 06:51 PM

What wonderful news just before Christmas. Santa seems to be coming early for some of us!