HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Chemo Holiday (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31512)

tousled1 12-07-2007 10:46 PM

Chemo Holiday

Saw my oncollogist on Thursday and since my pneumonia still is not completely cleared up and my counts are low we decided that it's time for me to take a "chemo holiday." I will be getting my Herceptin treatments weekly but will not be getting my Taxol/Carboplatin until after I have a CT scan the first week of January. I asked her about doing a PET scan but she said that my lung nodules are so small that they would not show up on a PET scan. Perhaps this "chemo holiday" will enable my body to regroup and my counts to stabilize.

PinkGirl 12-07-2007 10:55 PM

Hi Kate
Enjoy your vacation! Herceptin alone will feel so easy
after what you've been through lately. Hope you get
well rested and rejuvenated. It will be nice for you and
your family to not have to think about chemo during the
holidays.

Maybe we'll have to send Tiptoe the nurse back for another visit.

Attachment 187

Vanessa 12-07-2007 11:52 PM

I am so sorry to hear that your pneumonia has not cleared up. Sounds like your body will have some time to heal while you are not taking chemo. It is a good time to be on break during the holidays. I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Here is hoping for good news in January. Be kind to yourself!

hermiracles 12-08-2007 04:51 AM

Hope you enjoy your little break from the chemo Kate and your body appreciates a little r+r :-)) Rest up.
Blessings Kate
Hermiracles

Sheila 12-08-2007 05:40 AM

Kate
I am glad to hear you are getting a break...I think the body is telling everyone whoa....................this will give you a chance to rid yourself of the pneumonia and get some strength back....I hope you feel better each day...you are always in my thoughts and prayers Kate!

Becky 12-08-2007 06:07 AM

Enjoy the holidays and your chemo break Kate. Rest up. I'm sure you'll be raring to go in the new year.

dhealey 12-08-2007 06:08 AM

Hope you return to good health soon. It will be nice for you not to do chemo over the christmas holiday. I did that last year and it was the pits! Praying you get your strength back soon.

jones7676 12-08-2007 07:48 AM

I hope the Holiday and rest renews you. I also hope that everything works great in the new year and that you get a "Holiday" from chemo because you don't need it!

sassy 12-08-2007 10:32 AM

Kate,

Enjoy your break, rest up and enjoy the holidays. Hoping the new year will find a "resolution" for your difficulties. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Jean 12-08-2007 11:56 AM

Timing....

Kate,
What a wonderful time to take a break from the chemo!
During the holidays....rest and enjoy them. Be generous
to yourself....rest, rest, and enjoy!

Will keep you in my prayers for healing and strength.
Hugs,
Jean

Andrea Barnett Budin 12-08-2007 01:24 PM

Happy Holiday... Happy 2008...

KATE, IT SEEMS OBVIOUS TO ME THAT YOUR BODY IS SENDING YOU A CLEAR MESSAGE. AND YOUR ONC HEARD IT! We need a little time here to ourselves, to regroup, rejuvenate and rest. The rule is -- you always stick with the Vit H, no matter what. That'll keep you in a good place, as your body heals and gathers its strength! And the chemo holiday will let your Spirit soar!

I am sending loving, healing energy to you, Kate. Just want to give you a little help. You'll soon be ready to go, I feel confidant. Keep smiling. And REST! Rest and sleep are highly therapeutic and healing! Not to be underrated... Thinking of you...
Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/06

nitewind 12-08-2007 02:13 PM

Hi Kate, sorry to hear about the pneumonia but the little chemo vacation sounds good.
Hugs

Mary Jo 12-08-2007 03:55 PM

Hello Kate,

I hope this little break is just what your body needs to regroup and get a little bit stronger.

Love & Peace,

Mary Jo

kareneg 12-08-2007 04:06 PM

Dear Kate,

I pray this break will give you a much needed rest. And the CT scan In January show's you on your way to NED! You are always in my prayers. My blood work has been good through out this horrible ordeal. and I feel like poop all the time. You are remarkable strong and I just know you will kick butt! Happy Holidays!

Mary Anne in TX 12-08-2007 05:05 PM

Marvelous idea! Your body is probably leaping and shouting for joy!

Emelie 12-10-2007 08:10 AM

Enjoy

Kate,
It really is the little things in our lives that make us appreciate each and every day.
Rest up, eat lots of good stuff, feel better soon, and enjoy the Holidays!
Emelie

Julie2 12-10-2007 09:04 AM

Kate,

I am glad to hear that you are getting a brake. Please eat well and use this time to regain your strength.

All the best for scans
Julie