HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   amateur needs picture help! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26415)

CherylS 12-21-2006 07:59 AM

amateur needs picture help!

I love seeing your pictures so much I decided to try and put my own on. Can anyone tell me how to get my picture small enough to be accepted? I know it needs to be 100x100. Right now it is way bigger and I have searched everywhere trying to figure out how to shrink a jpeg file!

Thanks.

Becky 12-21-2006 08:11 AM

Send it to Joe. He did mine because I just couldn't get it too work without being way too fuzzy. I think mine is still fuzzy but ok.

mts 12-21-2006 08:15 AM

Click on "photo gallery" (in the mauve colored menu bar above)

Once page opens then click on Upload Photos in the menu bar upper right hand corner.

Once that page opens, click on the "browse" button to find your photos. Select your photo by double clicking on your photo in your personal album and then click upload/submit.

Maria (MTS)

KellyA 12-21-2006 08:49 AM

Hey!

I hope this works.... I was having the same problem with my picture being too big.... I felt kinda silly asking again...

Love, Kelly

KellyA 12-21-2006 08:56 AM

No luck... it ended up in the gallery and not on my avatar. I tried it the avatar way and it won't accept any pitures because they are all "too large", even when I shrink them. HELP!!!!!!

Love, Kelly

Sheila 12-21-2006 08:58 AM

Joe did mine...he is the computer whiz...send it to him and he'll take care of it!

CherylS 12-21-2006 09:05 AM

OK, Joe it is! Thanks everyone.

CPA 12-21-2006 09:19 AM

Do you have photoshop elements or any other version of photoshop on your machine? Most cameras come either with a version of photoshop or another similar photo editing package.

I have the full version of photoshop. These directions should also work for "light" versions of photoshop, but I am not completely sure:

Start Photoshop
Click on File / Open and open the image you want to change.
Once your photo is onpened, click on Image / Image Size...
Make sure Constrain Proportions is checked.
First, change Resolution to 72 (this is a standard screen resoluton setting)
Then, in the dimensions box, make sure your units of measure are set to pixels and change the width to 100 (for landscape photos) or change height to 100 (for portrait) and click OK.
Click on File / Save for Web...
Make sure JPEG High is selected
Click Save
Type a descriptive file name (no blank spaces, just letters and numbers to be safe). Make sure the photo is being saved in the folder you want and click Save.

Then try uploading the photo you just saved.

Good Luck!

KellyA 12-21-2006 09:57 AM

Yeaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for your help!!!!!!!

Love, Kelly

CherylS 12-21-2006 10:47 AM

AAAHHHRRRRG!!!! I can't do it. I have sony image express and it doesn't have that option. Anybody???? How do I send it to Joe. It's becoming an obsession now, especially since Kelly figured it out!

KellyA 12-21-2006 12:10 PM

Cheryl-

The "wording" on mine was a little different-mine said Paint Shop Album and some other different things, but the instructions were pretty close. Once I picked the size (neither the height or width can be more than 80 pixels), I just hit save and it was in. I didn't have to title it. Then, I went into user CP and avatar (sp?) and pulled up the new saved pic. It might just take some fooling with . I had to try a few more times to get it. I wish I could tell you how to send a pic to Joe, but I am so computer ignorant that I don't know how to do that either............

Love, Kelly

CherylS 12-21-2006 02:43 PM

Wahooooo!!!!! (That is assuming my picture is here when I finish posting)

KellyA 12-21-2006 03:17 PM

Yea Cheryl !!!!!!!! That makes us computer pros now, right?!?!It's amazing how the smallest things now just make my day!

Love, Kelly

CherylS 12-21-2006 04:09 PM

Yes pros indeed! Actually, not. My 14 year old daughter came home from school and did it for me! She went onto some photo website and resized it there.

Thanks Kelly, you are beautiful! Keep strong, and have a wonderful Christmas!

Heart Sutra 12-21-2006 05:08 PM

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

If you go to this link, then look in the right hand column for "image resizer" you'll be able to download a neat microsoft toy that allows you to resize any photo by right clicking on it.

Audrey 12-21-2006 06:46 PM

Thanks, Kevin and Sue, I'm going to give that a try--let's see if it works for me,too!

Kimberly Lewis 12-22-2006 11:33 AM

What a treat to see all your beautiful faces!!!

Becky 12-22-2006 01:46 PM

Woo hoo. You are all so beautiful. Its so nice to see what everyone looks like.

Have a wonderful holiday.

Heart Sutra 12-22-2006 02:11 PM

hope that link helped...

Large, medium, small, is still too large for an avatar. try choosing pixel length and width...usually 80X80
Works like a charm it does.

And it is so good to see the faces that belong to such wisdom and kindness.
truly Beautiful.

rinaina 12-22-2006 02:29 PM

I think I finally figured it out so if I did here I am. Now I have a face to go with my name, hopefully that is.