HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sister (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31242)

hannah 11-22-2007 05:23 PM

Sister

Hi Allhavnt posted in long time, my sister died today aged 43 left behind 2 young children and wonderful husband. Again, I would like to thank you all for your support, especially Patty Z and Joe for advice and suggestions. Thankfully we were able, with support of district nurses and GPs to care for her at home as she wished with myself and others providing personal care. I hate this disease ut loved and respected my sister, especially, for her courage and strength which I hope he passes onto me now as I will need itHannah

Mary Anne in TX 11-22-2007 05:28 PM

Oh, Hannah! I'm so very sorry about the loss of your sister! I can't even imagine how you must feel. I lost my brother when he was 52 and have felt so alone without him. I believe you must have blessed her beyond belief by allowing her to close this life and enter the next as she wanted. God bless you! ma

Sheila 11-22-2007 05:43 PM

Hannah
I am so sorry for your loss...a sister is a very special person we hold so close to our heart, so i know you are at a loss....may the love you were able to share in her final days, give you strength to carry on, knowing that she no longer suffers from this awful disease. Always keep her memory alive for her children...they will need you more than ever now. You are in my heart and prayers.

tousled1 11-22-2007 06:46 PM

Hannah,

Please accept my heart felt sympathy in the passing of your sister. She was fortunate to have such a loving sister who made sure that her last wishes were fulfilled. I'm sure she's at peace now. Be strong as now her children will need you more than ever.

Chelee 11-22-2007 06:48 PM

Hannah, I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved sister. My heart really goes out to you. I just recently lost my Mother from lung cancer and I miss her so much. I can only imagine how difficult this has to be on you right now. But hold those memories close to your heart. I'm sure your sister felt so blessed to have you with her on those final days. You have my sincerest condolences at this very difficult time.

Chelee

Bev 11-22-2007 10:47 PM

So sorry Hannah.Lost my sis this year to lung ca so this post is making me tear up. Cancer in all its forms seem so random and unfair. Love ya and take care. BB

tricia keegan 11-23-2007 03:30 AM

Hannah I too an so sorry for the loss you must be feeling for your sister, I hope it brings some small comfort to know she's at peace and free from pain. May God bless you all during this difficult time.

dhealey 11-23-2007 06:54 AM

Hannah, I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved sister. May you feel God's healing powers as you grieve you loss. May he give you the strength to carry on her memory through you for her children. She is an angel now watching over you.

pattyz 11-23-2007 07:50 AM

Oh Hannah.

I'm so very sorry.

Your devotion to your sister will a big part in what helps you find your way through.

Please accept my heartfelt condolences, to you and your family.

with love,
patty

fauxgypsy 11-23-2007 08:53 AM

Hannah, I am so sorry. I lost my bay brother 3 years ago unexpectedly and it is still hard. I am glad you were able to be there for her.

Leslie

lexigirl 11-23-2007 11:19 AM

Hannah,

I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. Please know that you and her family are in my thoughts and prayers now.

Hugs,
Lexi

Julie2 11-23-2007 01:21 PM

Hannah,

I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. You are a good sister who helped her in fighting the decease. My deepest sympathy for the family.

Julie

Lolly 11-23-2007 03:52 PM

Dear Hannah,

My heart goes out to you and your sister's family. You will at least have the consolation of knowing you were able to fulfill her wishes so she could be in the sanctuary of her own home at the end.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

<3 Lolly

Kim in CA 11-23-2007 04:42 PM

Dear Hannah,

I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I am sending you my love and heartfelt prayers for strength and healing.

Kim

TriciaK 11-23-2007 06:11 PM

My heart aches for your loss, Hannah. I too lost my sister, my only sibling, to BC in 1985, the year I was also diagnosed with BC. I have a lot of the letters she wrote me and I re-read them the other day. The pain never really goes away, but the joy of having had a sister will always remain. I pray time and the sweet memories of your sister will bring comfort to you as it has to me through the years. Hugs, TriciaK

vickie h 11-23-2007 06:50 PM

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your sister. My sister passed away 22 years ago at age 38, leaving behind a son, from a terrible auto accident. I never got the chance to say good-bye to her or my Mother (who died with her). I still hold them in my heart everday of those 22 years and tears fall at the oddest times. I wish I could be there for you and hold you close and take some of this pain away. She will always be with you, in the deepest part of your heart and soul. Again, I sned you my love and support and prayers for your family during this almost surreal time of pain and loss. Love, Vickie

juanita 11-23-2007 07:25 PM

I am so sorry for your loss, my heart truly does go out to you. My prayers are with you and your family.

mts 11-23-2007 08:04 PM

Hannah,

I'm very sorry for your loss... Hopefully the date of your sisters passing will be one of special rememberance and not sorrow. What was your sister's name ? So many times we hear of sad news and it just puts an ache into my heart. I hope you are OK and that her children are loved at this very sad time.

Maria