HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Six years out and "Trigger thumb" back??? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50903)

tricia keegan 07-28-2011 04:21 PM

Six years out and "Trigger thumb" back???

I'm wondering if this is coincidence or anyone else that continued on arimidex after five years suddenly had some major side effects re-emerge???I had this the first year on arimidex but it resolved itself after a few months and now suddenly it's back so not sure what to think!

Thanks

Tricia x

Jackie07 07-28-2011 05:31 PM

Re: Six years out and "Trigger thumb" back???

Getting old? :) [After I had turned 45, it seemed every part of my body that'd ever had problem began to 'haunt' me.]

Ellie F 07-29-2011 04:35 AM

Definitely agree Jackie. Every ache and pain I get I am convinced is a met! But usually they are in places that were problematic before bc either due to injury or wear and tear! I have to remind myself that now in my fifties and having experienced chemopause and having ongoing herceptin these things may often just be part of the aging process!!
Ellie

hutchibk 07-29-2011 10:25 AM

I wish I could contribute, but was only on Arimadex for about 4 months. Those 4 months were very painful for my hands, though. I woke up with stiff hands and legs/feet every morning and felt 150yrs old... shuffling around until the joints started working. I hated Arimadex. I have been on it, Aromasin and Tamoxifen and it was the only one I had real body pain from.

Hopeful 07-29-2011 12:56 PM

Tricia,

My onc described these episodes that came out of nowhere periodcally on AI's "flares," and said to take a one month holiday from it, to see if it would resolve. (I would do fine for around 10 months at a time, then the pain would return with a vengance.) I wound up having some of both Arimidex and Femara around all the time, as my rx plan made me buy 90 days at a time, and would just immediately switch to the other from whichever I was on at the time. That usually helped.

After I posted this, I had a new thought: Arimidex now comes in a generic version. Have you recently switched from brand label to generic? If so, that may be the cause - even though they say generics are the same, they are never 100% the same as the branded drug.

Hopeful

tricia keegan 07-29-2011 03:45 PM

Thanks everyone, it may well be aging but thought it a coincidence that it should flare up again now!

Hopeful, thanks for the suggestion but as yet we dont have the generic form of arimidex here in Ireland so still taking my usual script!

Its not a huge problem but just wondered if anyone else in the 5 or 6 year club had noticed anything similar!