HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   What could it be? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57369)

lasarles 02-16-2013 12:28 AM

What could it be?

Hey ladies, has anyone else experienced this? I've noticed that my body hair (legs, armpits, etc) have almost completing stopped growing. Don' t get me wrong I'm not complaining, just find it somewhat odd. I am not on any medication except Tamoxifen and I thought that would make hair grow more so. Any thoughts? I should mention that I am having no issues with the hair on my head growing. It has come back thicker than ever and growing fairly fast.

Jackie07 02-16-2013 05:52 AM

Re: What could it be?

A very effective chemical peel? :)

I've noticed it recently as well. A few years ago, I could see the hair on my skin - hard to locate because the color had turned grey/transparent, but they are there. Now they seem to have all disappeared. I just figured it's because they are 'transparent' because of the lost pigmentation. As long as the hairs on my head are still growing, I figured I don't need to worry about it. I always have a jacket/long sleeve shirt with me for extra layer of protection.

Becky 02-16-2013 07:25 AM

I found this to be exactly what happened to me. You are still on Herceptin, right? It gets alittle more normal after that is over. I will say though, my eyelashes still grow and fall out alot (not all at once so its only noticeable to me). They grow long too. Very strange.

tricia keegan 02-16-2013 07:32 AM

I noticed my underarm hair the most stopped growing for a few years and even now hardly grows at all, wish I could say the same for my leg hair though!

NEDenise 02-16-2013 08:01 AM

Tricia,
Maybe it's an Irish thing...cause the exact same thing has happened to me! ;)
Female Pattern Baldness? :)
Denise

PS-If I've never mentioned...I'm a Boyle by birth...from a long line of Duffys, Coffeys, Murphys, and Ryans!! But then, I guess my photo probably gave it away anyhow! LOL

NanaJoni 02-16-2013 08:10 AM

Yup - me too. I still have to shave legs but not very often and underarms not at all. Of course since I'm an old lady, I have plenty of hair growing on my upper lip. I've wondered if the lack of growth in the underarm area was due to all the surgical procedures and scarring. My eyelashes fell out three times after I was just on Herceptin only but haven't at all since I finished it. Glad to hear it's not just me.

lasarles 02-16-2013 02:07 PM

Yes Becky, I will continue Herceptin probably through June. It just seemed odd that when my hair started coming back I was shaving pretty regularly, then all of the sudden I didn't have to. I have not had a period since right after chemo began so maybe it is due to hormones. Anyone else not have a period for a long time?

LoisLane 02-16-2013 03:10 PM

Me too. Pretty well nothing under the arms but legs back to normal...also lip, chin ugh!

sassy 02-16-2013 07:58 PM

Not much underarms for me either. More hair on legs, but not as much as before bc.

NEDenise 02-17-2013 11:01 AM

Yep! No periods for two years now...the one upside to this whole mess!

Denise

Joanne S 02-17-2013 11:24 AM

I hardly have any body hair and don't need to shave anymore.---which is wonderful. I just attributed it to chemo and radiation. But since being on Affinitor and Aromasin, I still don't get body hair, but I have a mustache shadow and two hairs that grow beneath my chin. Wonderful---NOT!

carlatte7 02-17-2013 11:31 AM

wondered abt this too- last TCH was july 2. I have two lashes that didnt fall out- they are incredibly long now. My other lashes have grown back and are normal again...except for these two lower lashes that are over 1/4" long!! I've even tried to pull them out!! Wth!!?? If anyone hears a good explanation let me know---;).