HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The party's over? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69623)

Pamelamary 01-12-2022 01:19 PM

The party's over?

Hi everybody,
After nearly 10 years stable on Herceptin and Letrozole, it seems the beast has struck again. It was no surprise when a tumour in the brain was discovered, but it isn't a breast met. No such luck! I have Glioblastoma Multiforme, which is a totally shitty diagnosis, with even shittier treatment to come.
However, having lived in Cancerville for so long, I am feeling rather "Zen" at the moment. The old cliches - 'one day at a time', and' listen to your body" are proving useful.
Frenetic activity - so many appointments, with stereotactic radiation and brain directed chemo. Ever the optimist, I have booked a trip to Italy to celebrate my 70th birthday in September... Oh, and my son and his partner have come over from New York to spend time with me, which makes me VERY happy.
Best wishes to all for the new year...... Pam

jaykay 01-13-2022 05:09 PM

Re: The party's over?

Oh Pam, what a way to start the new year. I’m betting on you to celebrate your 70th in Italy in September!

Best,
Janis

jacqueline1102 01-18-2022 06:47 PM

Oh Pam. I have no words. It sucks to be stable for 10 years and then this news. I respect your Zen. Enjoy the time with you son and partner. And I wish that September comes and you will be in Italy enjoying the gorgerou scenary and having a glass of wine.

Warmly,

Jackie

Catherine 02-12-2022 11:06 PM

Oh, Pam so sorry to hear this. I am thinking of your Zen moments and your future trip to Italy in September. Wishing you warm hugs and love from all your friends. Keep the zen flowing❤️

smim 03-10-2022 07:25 AM

Well if I read you right, I think I shall wish you a wonderful time in Italy, and time with your family close by. Minimal side effects from the treatment and a lot of Zen (and pizza).
smim

KrissSchmidt 07-27-2022 02:24 AM

I'm sure everything will be good!

tricia keegan 09-05-2022 12:29 PM

So sorry to read this Pam, it's a while since I visited the site so only seeing your post now. Wishing you a great response to your treatment and a wonderful time in Italy.

Pamelamary 09-06-2022 04:24 PM

Hi to my Her2 family,
I haven't done much updating lately... So much happening, and the demands of treatment have been arduous. Unfortunately recent MRIs have shown tumour growth and there aren't many options available.
Meanwhile, no further trips possible, but I am able to do most of the things I enjoy, albeit at a slower pace. There is some satisfaction in that it won't be the breast cancer that kills me!
I have enjoyed the support and connection with this group and send best wishes to all..... Pam

Mary Jo 09-10-2022 04:29 PM

The Peace of Lord be with you.

Love, Mary Jo

Mary Jo 09-10-2022 04:33 PM

The peace of the Lord be with you dear “sister!”

Love, Mary Jo

Laurel 08-03-2023 02:16 PM

How are things going, Pam? I have been off the board for quite a while. Hoping you are still going strong!

Bunty 10-30-2023 05:12 PM

Hi Pamela, I have not been on the site in a long time. I'm sad to read your update. But you have some fight in you - Aussie Spirit. Sending much love. Marie in Sydney.